IGNORED

Colundi Festival - 22-25 October 2015 (Belgium & the Netherlands)

Herr Jan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotterdam was a bit of a write off (local politics), although musically it was one of the best. We all played tracks there that didn't get dropped elsewhere and I had a really good night, regardless of the strange promotion around it. Wisp only played 15 minutes at the end of the night, but what a 15 minutes that was, nearly killed me (like the food prior to the gig). Antwerp was great, good system, good club, top people. Amsterdam was top fun and had an element of danger to it, the sound man injured himself in the first 15 minutes of us being there. Nijmegen was a more Sunday afternoon affair, took a while to get going and more sparsely attended than the 2 prior, but some great tunes, good atmosphere, top sound system and the crew was strong. One of the main things I learnt is that if you dance to Colundi 4 nights in a row without sleep you can see rain falling and rising in nightclubs, beautiful!

Big up all WATMMer's that attended and raved, bigness. Nice to meet Herr Jan, Robin, Marcus, Rubin, etc, we know the real heads! Who was the dude that flew in from Ireland with his mate? Don't remember his name, but he made a sterling effort, like that American chap Rubin who I believe is coming tomorrow night too. Also, women; the last night was 50/50 male/female, the other nights weren't far off, you don't see many on WATMM but clearly in real life they're up for Colundi Energy Rituals. On the Saturday night Alexsi played Colundi specifically targeting erogenous regions, that combined with the favourable ratio led to a lot of attendees getting unexpectedly laid. It was nice to meet some female listeners, we don't hear much from them online so they were a nice real-world surprise.

Obviously we'll get into more details on the next show, but we had an amazing time; thanks to everyone for making it, who knows if it'll ever happen again...although, there's always tomorrow night! I hear it's sold out and there's strange things planned, there will be Colundi/PSA t-shirts, the original Cornish rave crew and of course we've all kept a few tracks back for just the proper occasion. Oh yeah, fancy dress too - blue themed, it's going to be an absolute wild one, hope to see you there tomorrow!

I wish I was going, sorry Jodey we were just kidding. I will be passing thru EU next week though, I'll be sure to throw some American Flags out the plane window. They'll be the ones marked "Remember the Alamo...Ozzy Osbourne Pissed On It"

Rotterdam was a bit of a write off (local politics), although musically it was one of the best. We all played tracks there that didn't get dropped elsewhere and I had a really good night, regardless of the strange promotion around it. Wisp only played 15 minutes at the end of the night, but what a 15 minutes that was, nearly killed me (like the food prior to the gig). Antwerp was great, good system, good club, top people. Amsterdam was top fun and had an element of danger to it, the sound man injured himself in the first 15 minutes of us being there. Nijmegen was a more Sunday afternoon affair, took a while to get going and more sparsely attended than the 2 prior, but some great tunes, good atmosphere, top sound system and the crew was strong. One of the main things I learnt is that if you dance to Colundi 4 nights in a row without sleep you can see rain falling and rising in nightclubs, beautiful!

Big up all WATMMer's that attended and raved, bigness. Nice to meet Herr Jan, Robin, Marcus, Rubin, etc, we know the real heads! Who was the dude that flew in from Ireland with his mate? Don't remember his name, but he made a sterling effort, like that American chap Rubin who I believe is coming tomorrow night too. Also, women; the last night was 50/50 male/female, the other nights weren't far off, you don't see many on WATMM but clearly in real life they're up for Colundi Energy Rituals. On the Saturday night Alexsi played Colundi specifically targeting erogenous regions, that combined with the favourable ratio led to a lot of attendees getting unexpectedly laid. It was nice to meet some female listeners, we don't hear much from them online so they were a nice real-world surprise.

Obviously we'll get into more details on the next show, but we had an amazing time; thanks to everyone for making it, who knows if it'll ever happen again...although, there's always tomorrow night! I hear it's sold out and there's strange things planned, there will be Colundi/PSA t-shirts, the original Cornish rave crew and of course we've all kept a few tracks back for just the proper occasion. Oh yeah, fancy dress too - blue themed, it's going to be an absolute wild one, hope to see you there tomorrow!

hehe quality!

could only attend the Amsterdam one for lack of funds/time but it was massively worth the journey.

I can only hope there is another time in the future! we need more Colundi nice and loud to really feel the freqs. properly! sad to miss the Halloween effort, hope that went well!!!

and nice vinyl efforts as well!!! bigups the Colundi/PSA crew ;)!!!

until next time!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived