IGNORED

awesome, obscure and experimental synth music from the 60s, 70s and 80s

QQQ

This thread is for awesome and obscure synth based/synth heavy music from the above eras.

Show me what ya got watmm.

Came across this album on YouTube, thought it might go down quite well with some people here. Seems to be quite an obscure gem. The whole album is on YT.

Almost a BoC kinda vibe put through a 70s prog filter. Really good stuff.

That's cool with me, funk! That 3rd track is really something. What the hell kinda radio show is playing this?

The Syrinx track you posted is great too. That is their 2nd album, think they only released those 2. The 2nd has more going on and it's more traditionally prog. The first (self titled) is pretty minimal, mostly synth. That one really impressed me.

I think there needs to be a 'wicked synth based or synth heavy music from the late 70s to the late 80s' thread

Actually, that's a better idea... Gonna edit dat title y0!

I want more of this kinda music... Keep em coming.

Walter Wegmuller's "Tarot" album is a good mix of cosmic German synth/prog/harmonics. Plenty of guitar, but plenty of synths too & while not every track is a "heater brrra" its def worth a rummage. The irony is my favourite track on the lp, "Die Gerechtigkeit", isnt on u-tub:

http://www.discogs.com/Walter-Wegm%C3%BCller-Tarot/release/1017842

More Deutsche synth strangeness - Harald Grosskopf's "Synthesist" lp is fuckin mint:

http://www.discogs.com/Harald-Grosskopf-Synthesist/release/309113

let the 1st tune of this beast do the talking.....

and this

few more worth posting, but chores aint gonna do themselves

Not sure if these qualifies as "obscure," but

Na I'm mostly kidding by obscure, would just be good to get stuff other than the usual jean-michel jarre, brian eno and tangerine dream that usually comes to mind.

galactic fantasy / eastern reflections by william hoskins

https://soundcloud.com/meditations/william-hoskins-galactic-fantasy-eastern-reflections-excerpt

an imaginary orchestra of the future made up of 32 members of a space faring japanese, balinese, chinese and indian race documenting their travels through the cosmos and utilizing some not yet invited instruments.

Philippe Laurent made some crazy proto acid synthpop in the early 80s:

The melody of this gem has been reused by Mac Demarco in Chamber Of Reflection:

I'll probably post some more cool tracks here

oh yeah! I saw Silver Apple(s) in Amsterdam a few months back, unfortunately it was pretty terrible though...

now THIS is a concept ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

an imaginary orchestra of the future made up of 32 members of a space faring japanese, balinese, chinese and indian race documenting their travels through the cosmos and utilizing some not yet invited instruments.

and 23 reversed is.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Another volume dedicated to the golden period of contemporary Cape Verdian music of the diaspora, when a young generation of musicians spread across the cities of Rotterdam, Lisbon, Paris and Boston revisited the (until then) neglected rural musical roots of their land and by doing so, set a new standard of how Cape Verdian would sound like for the next generations.

The focus on this second effort is on the synthesizer, an immensely popular instrument at that time, that they ended up using in an unprecedented way.

Enjoy and share!

All tracks selected from original vinyl records.

song @21m is awesome!

Archived