IGNORED

Yamaha Reface

Audioblysk

thats right! dudes a pc man, never used an iPad before in his life

But yeah.. yeah, he did say that :wink:

Edited by lala

Guest pixelives

It's going to be a cheap as fuck to build dodgy emulation of some obvious classics. They're finally jumping on the bandwagon, last ones to do so. It will sell terribly but some interesting folks will make it sound good once it's been discontinued in a few years.

It's like all these companies forget how badly their "improved" gear based on classics did in the late 90's while trying to cash in on the electronic music explosion the last time around.

Guest pixelives

There's no way it will be some interesting update on the FS1R or DX200. Goes against all current market trends and while it would be awesome for sonic adventurists and deep synthesists, it's just too deep to move units.

But a 3 or 4 octave DCO or digital emulation of a CS 80 with an analog back end (filter+ amp) and full controls would be tasty as fuck. Never gonna happen.

CS 50 is one of the most musical synths I've ever played and this goes beyond sound (which is lush, organic and deep) but also has to do with the interface, those slider/rocker controls, the keyboard weight, the aftertouch. It's literally the synth-base equivalent of driving a Porsche.

Guest skibby

massive clue: "it seems like a piano player designed the keys"

safe to say it won't look like this:

153227.jpg

Organ, electric piano, CS80, FM synth. All over the place.

Yay! Plug out technology.

Or iPad dock/keyboard and apps apps apps

Edited by Gocab

It's certainly got my interest. Even just the hint of it being some kind of small workstation. The smaller, the better imo. The Aira series didn't need to be nearly that big.

It'd be badass if "reface" was actually for a line of lime-green plastic faceplates for previous hardware, that have one of those piezo buzzer speakers in them like greeting cards, that you can send samples to via MySpace and Friendster.

So when you startup your CS-80, you can play the orch5 sample with the faceplate's 1 octave keyboard.

Also, why in the fuck in a Yamaha thread is there a picture of a bed with a boy on it, using his leg to masturbate a male gynecomastia corpse that's coated in a thick layer of wax to be made into a human candle? THE FUCK THAT HAVE TO DO WITH YAMAHA?!

And then I scroll down on my phone and someone posts s pic of a frizzy haired dude with no eyes in his sockets, tickling an armless girl with his hand and a stick. DA FUK DA HA DU YAMHA?!?!?!

Edited by peace 7

is this the norm for Yamaha threads

No, they're usually about motorcycles

I've got an Aira TB-3... it's alright! cheap, small, well made, sounds like a 303...what more do you want? haven't tried any of the others though, they might be shit.

Heard comments on the 101 along the lines of its ok, but the waveform mixing doesnt sound right.

Then spoke to circuitbenders about modding my original 101 to modular levels, and he said that when you tap out the individual waves, especially the sub, the waves sound different before the switch gets engaged. even the switch has an impact on the sound. im guessing it might be hard to replicate

Edited by lala

Guest skibby

Heard comments on the 101 along the lines of its ok, but the waveform mixing doesnt sound right.

Then spoke to circuitbenders about modding my original 101 to modular levels, and he said that when you tap out the individual waves, especially the sub, the waves sound different before the switch gets engaged. even the switch has an impact on the sound. im guessing it might be hard to replicate

do you mean phasing?

what bout this one

are you talking about at the beginning when he engages the sub?

the original doesnt sound phasey like that to me when the sub gets engaged, it makes it sound gnarly.

and yeah, it might be that. it was mike dred about the mixer not being right so i know it came from a good source

Edited by lala