IGNORED

Yamaha Reface

Audioblysk

Seeing that Yamaha reminded me of my first Yamaha with the Polka settings. Damn, dawgz im gonna be digging it out of my parents box room next month. It was a basic one like Squarepusher started on. I'll grab it from the parents box room, become good, then get a Nord Lead. I have it all planned out.

oh i was just wonderin about your thoughts on the tal 101 compared to yours

funnily enough i nailed a certain really good pulse bass on the tal a while ago and havent been able to get it on my real 101 yet

:cerious:

well from that vid the sub octave is pretty static and phases and mine does not do that at all. as for the rest i dont know either of them that well really! my 101 is my newest synth ive only made a couple of tracks and 1 finished one with it

and also the 101 goes SPOINK!!! really well. not sure if TAL or Lush101 can naill that properly.

i will DL both demos and have a fiddle and see what they both sound like

Guest skibby

about the Refice, it would be great if it were a digitally controlled analogue fm box with aux in as a modulator

Guest skibby

lets reface it: most synths have been digital since the 80s. no reason to expect analogue, but it would be cool if there was a blend. i just dont get why people would want a microbrute sized electric piano

the aira modular thing looks cool, i should say.

edit: lol skibz

Yeah, anyone fiddle with that? Seems reasonably priced as well.

Guest skibby

the aira modular thing looks cool, i should say.

edit: lol skibz

Yeah, anyone fiddle with that? Seems reasonably priced as well.

i emailed Behringer and told them to make eurorack modules instead of doing their ripoff of the Arp Odyssey.

if Behringer gets in the eurorack game, its over.

there is a lot of reason to expect analog, after what Korg did by bringing back analog all bets are off at this point.

lets reface it: most synths have been digital since the 80s. no reason to expect analogue

Yamaha has released some pretty good gear in the past, feature-wise, as well as aesthetically, so I'm looking forward to whatever comes of this (thread). The whole Aira thing was such a massive letdown, I'm sure most of us who were hoping for some killer shit got way younger by being sent back in time due to such heavy levels of disappointment.

Yamaha gear that made an impact and difference in somewhat modern times (in "the scene"), are stuff like the RM1x (used to want), RS7000 (used to waaant)-- AN200 and DX200 were even notable.

Though I think the only Yamaha gear I've owned was the P-140 electric piano, which was lovely, but has nothing to do with dance music. One of their electric guitars I used to want is the RGX. So basically, Yamaha has released a level quality that if I wanted to go all-hardware again as I was in the late 90's and early 00's, I could actually buy all Yamaha and have a solid studio (well, my monitors would prolly be Dynaudio, though).

Anyway, what I'm thinking is... Actually- ACTUALLY- Yamaha will not disappoint. But then again, Japanese aesthetics (superficial aesthetics as well as inner-working aesthetics) have gone dooooown in the past 10 years, so who knows what the fuck kind of shit this could turn out to be. And I just remembered that a couple weeks ago when I was picking up a Tascam US-2x2, I looked at the Yamaha AG03, and it was kind of meh. Interesting features for the target market of YouTubers or whatever, but build quality and trying to cram in novelty features showed their desire to really hit that "everybody" market. If that's any indication of their direction for "general music gear", this thread is gonna be a downer, yo.

Guest skibby

it would be cool if they really did invent a new synth architecture. i want to see the elektron-like digital controlled analogue, except with analogue FM. I'm just going to hold in that flight pattern around the schrödinger catbox. they have 10 days to change everything, in case they're reading.

Edited by skibby

Guest skibby

imgext-643x350.png

reface2.jpg

maybe its 4 miniature versions of some stuff. the cs80 looks like it will be red, not sure about the others. the dx7 might be brown

Edited by skibby

I would buy the FUCK out of a mini DX7

like, right now. take all my money, take it all I don't need it anymore

Edited by modey

Guest skibby

didn't Richard Devine say it has some new alien architecture? wonder what that could mean. could it be like a u-he Diva sort of mix and match thing where you could use the osc of a DX7 with the filter of a CS80 etc?