Sign in to follow this  
Audioblysk

Yamaha Reface

Guest skibby

maybe it is just one thing that does all the things.

Edited by skibby

Software is flexible like that.

Guest skibby

didn't Richard Devine say it has some new alien architecture? wonder what that could mean. could it be like a u-he Diva sort of mix and match thing where you could use the osc of a DX7 with the filter of a CS80 etc?

I think it means they found it in an old Heechee studio.

Guest skibby

I think it means they found it in an old Heechee studio.

5136-frederik-pohl-s-gateway-dos-screens

them waveforms

Software is my bet.

Damn tiny toy instruments. But if it's good, it's good

A Volca-sized dx7 with easily editable paramaters would be mad dope

yes! add a really good librarian and we have a winner

Good idea.

librarian.png

Oooo, I need one of those.

Good idea.

librarian.png

that is a good librarian

Guest skibby

self indulgent nostalgia doesn't seem like the best card to play, but i guess this is for yamaha synth division's 40th bday so

dc28e812ea1ae9ca8d355b2701318661.jpg

fark, still another week to go. thought it was a bit sooner. volca-esque dx7 would be so finger-on-the-pulse of them, but probably too good to be true.

Guest Chesney

Man, if Devine couldn't get his head around it then it must be total new software. can't be something as simple as a 4 synth plug out.

Guest skibby

Man, if Devine couldn't get his head around it then it must be total new software. can't be something as simple as a 4 synth plug out.

makes me wonder if thats a good thing or not

maybe he just couldn't get his head around how an app could sound so analog.

well it looks like whatever it is, it's definitely gonna be retro / a remake / re-creation of some of their older synths.

i'm totally over all this retro stuff. come up with something new. it's 2015, for fucks sake.

What's 'something new' though? Where is there to go that will interest anyone beyond me, awepittance and jordan rudess/other prog synth people?

What's 'something new' though? Where is there to go that will interest anyone beyond me, awepittance and jordan rudess/other prog synth people?

D BEAMS

Imagine the VR music studio of ze phuture, where we play in a studio of our own design, full of any equipment we want. Room materials, mics, speakers, hardware-- all emulated. Full body suits to give force feedback, making feeling materials, keys, etc., realistic. Even the smell of plastic and incense will be emulated. Then when you get tired, you can take a break with virtual ganj and bang some random downloadable slut on your emulated console.

Actually, forget the music studio.

Guest skibby

Imagine the VR music studio of ze phuture, where we play in a studio of our own design, full of any equipment we want. Room materials, mics, speakers, hardware-- all emulated. Full body suits to give force feedback, making feeling materials, keys, etc., realistic. Even the smell of plastic and incense will be emulated. Then when you get tired, you can take a break with virtual ganj and bang some random downloadable slut on your emulated console.

Actually, forget the music studio.

agreed, is space caused by time or is time caused by space anyway? probably neither are real. and what is experience without the redundant parroting of concepts and frames of context? could subjective experience suffice? it seems that in a way the redundant array of brains is needed in order to offer the human animal a sense of fulfillment. it is as if we need each other to handle the overflow of surplus data in order to differentiate dreams from the reality that we use each other's attention to maintain.

i think a classic yamaha FM engine with a lot of hands on and performance control (like automation recording or parameter locks) with a drum track and multitimbral mode of about 4 different synth instruments could be new enough that it would be badass. Something like a volca that kicks its ass and makes us forget forever that not so great trademark Korg filter sound.

i think a classic yamaha FM engine with a lot of hands on and performance control (like automation recording or parameter locks) with a drum track and multitimbral mode of about 4 different synth instruments could be new enough that it would be badass. Something like a volca that kicks its ass and makes us forget forever that not so great trademark Korg filter sound.

I'm watching you John!

tom-selleck-600x450.jpg