IGNORED

Yamaha Reface

Audioblysk

Guest Chesney

Good tester to see if this market is as viable as it seems. Korg did it and found a foothold.

If these do well it could bankroll a more serious FM monster.

I thought the DX7 had 32 algorithms? I've only very briefly ejaculated into one of them, so I might be wrong.

And yeah, you're right, I don't think those are touch strips.

Edited by Gocab

could have been cooler - why not add the filter from the cs to the fm one? also sliders could have been cool - even some of the toy psr yamahas from the 80s had slider-controlled simplified fm, which was pretty cool.

also, who is going to buy an organ or piano w 3 octaves of mini keys? you can't even play a doors cover on it.

but yeah, perhaps there is a higher-end product planned using these technologies.

Price is the big question at this point. I'm interested in the CS or DX, probably the CS because it sounds like it will be more versatile.

yeah, testing waters. make a 4-op mini dx and then make a bigger 6-op one later if they can sell enough to give it a decent interface? (<not banking on a better interface happening but i could be wrong, defo bigger keybed)

If the DX can be fully controlled via MIDI then I don't see the how lack of controls on the unit itself would be a problem.

I'm still confused, is the CS a midi controller for software... or are there guts and volts inside that tiny toy keyboard?

Edited by Audioblysk

The CS looks like a new version of the CS01, which is pretty exciting, even if it is a digital emulation. I love the CS01!

I read somewhere that they'll apparently have semi-weighted keys? If that's true, it's pretty impressive for such small keyboards.

Edited by modey

oh right, cs01. that makes sense. i'm guessing they never properly said cs80, we just jumped to that conclusion then :p

I think someone referred to the cs80 in the last teaser video. Looks like it might be somewhere between the cs01 and cs80 though; with 2 oscillators, 8-note polyphony..

I'm interested in the idea of a combined in/out MIDI port. Has this been done before? It's a good idea. I'm really glad they didn't just go for USB-MIDI. That would have been a complete dealbreaker.

the interface/controls are gimped. they had to eliminate a lot of stuff to fit that small form factor.

baby's 1st synth.

Edited by digit

Guest skibby

because watmm always knows best

Its true, yamaha synths should ask us what to do, not those jazztards, what do jazz players know about synths? Sure they know more notes than us but we twiddle WAY more knobs than even Wendy Carlos in her heyday. Why they didnt use AFX for their teaser video is a disturbing question.

Guest skibby

I dunno. I'm gonna wait for audio samples. I have a feeling these are gonna sound wicked

according to the teaser videos it makes 30 year olds feel really nostalgic about the old days, you know, when they camped overnight in line to buy the DX-7 when it first came out.