IGNORED

What track/work of art of Richard inspired you the most?

Turbo Zwanengestuif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 cymru beats. It's one of those tracks I can go back to and say I still don't understand how it was made completely. What creative process made the track, etc. Closely tied with ziggomatic 17.

It's basically a lot of really great samples, presumably loaded into some sequencing software on his laptop (tracker? Cubase? some plugins?). The sequencing is what blows my mind I think. Not sure. Perfect flow of strange pitch adjustments on some of the samples. I get something new out of it every time I listen and that's why I like it. Sounds so meticulous and deliberate yet so dynamic at the same time.

ziggomatic just because of the melodic buildup.

Selected Ambient Works, Vol. II as a whole, easily. If I had to choose just one track, it would be the beautiful one known as Lichen. That one has an incredible effect on my emotional state.

54 cymru beats. It's one of those tracks I can go back to and say I still don't understand how it was made completely. What creative process made the track, etc. Closely tied with ziggomatic 17.

I was playing around with a softsynth once and made a sound very similar to the one toward the end of that track. I doubt that's how it was actually made, though. It's probably just some crazy snare rushes or something.

hearing saw ii played in its entirety through the p.a. at the gorge in washington. something about that recording at loud levels bouncing off all of the cliffs and hills. sunk deep into my fabric of being and has stayed there ever since.

hearing saw ii played in its entirety through the p.a. at the gorge in washington. something about that recording at loud levels bouncing off all of the cliffs and hills. sunk deep into my fabric of being and has stayed there ever since.

When did that happen?

Selected Ambient Works, Vol. II as a whole, easily.

This, especially in the sense of inspiring music and art I make.

That said hearing RDJ album, my introduction to Aphex Twin, was a watershed moment for me as a fan of music in general. That's one album I can say, sincerely and sober, was truly mind-blowing.

1. I Care Because You Do....especially - Start As You Mean To Go On, Come On You Slags, Wax The Nip, Acrid Avid Jam Shred --but whole thing is perfect to me. One memory that probably helped burn it into my brain is listening to it on a boombox whilst tripping with a few friends, frolicking through woods and fields on a summer night in 95.

2. S.A.W II.....Pure magic

3. On ep ....especially - On, 73 yips, Xepha

Guest murphythecat8

tha

xtal

flim

stone in focus

rhubarb

alberto

IZ-us

im self employed

recently:

sekonda

xmetz

As much as I adore Richard's music, I think his work ethic and decision-making over the years have inspired me a lot more than specific tracks have.

Putting out something like Drukqs straight after Windowlicker, releasing his best material anonymously (The Tuss), uploading 230 previously-unreleased tracks for free on Soundcloud, and generally making artistically-fuelled decisions rather than ones that are likely to result in financial gain. Yeah he was pretty minted, which does help, but he could have easily rode the gravy train even deeper into money town if he wanted to.

When did that happen?

at a nine inch nails show in the summer of 2000. it was the only thing memorable from that show. seriously changed my course. took dmt years later and it was comparable to that experience.

• 3 weeks later...

my brother told me to watch the come to daddy vhs didn't like anything but metal untill i heard DONKEY RHUBARB and ON.

now i only care about aphex twin because you do

Guest Mononoke

at a nine inch nails show in the summer of 2000. it was the only thing memorable from that show. seriously changed my course. took dmt years later and it was comparable to that experience.

Why did they play the entire SAW2 at a nine inch nails show?

Why did they play the entire SAW2 at a nine inch nails show?

my guess is, pre-show gentle ambient music so that the NIN set would be all the more a witha teetha.

• 2 months later...

Archived