Insulate your room.

Drizzle gasoline on mixer.

Masturbate.

fixed

That was Oval's entire modus operandi

Haha, was going to mention the same thing, though couldn't find anything online to prove it so suspected my brain was lying ....

Haha, was going to mention the same thing, though couldn't find anything online to prove it so suspected my brain was lying ....

I also remember hearing that 94diskont was pretty much done by scratching and drawing on CD-Rs.

EDIT: Iheard that around the time Ovalprocess came out, and the rumor we were all talking about for that one was that he had written software to get a similar effect by screwing with the laser position in a CD-Rom drive in real time, and that the software was going to be included as a hidden data track on the CD release but atthe last minute he changed his mind because he didn't want everyone who bought the album to be able to copy his sound. No clue if either one is true.

Edited by RSP

Guest skibby

i'd like to record myself reading an audiobook of Finnegans Wake one letter at a time and then speed it up so it fits on a CD-r

Spend at least 50% of your studio budget on audiophile cables.

Guest skibby

Spend at least 50% of your studio budget on audiophile cables.

that's zero monies if you know how to torrent. there are ware's that have wires on the screen.

There are many ways to do proper sidechaining but here is an example. Remember, the more chains you use, the better producer you are!

022-260_(3).jpg

A good compressor is essential for your kick drum.

8pa3.jpg

We all know if you ain't redlining you ain't headlining, but a well-placed hardware buss limiter can help prepare your mix for mastering.

b3Wyj5G.jpg

Set absolutely all knobs and sliders to their maximum values. This will improve your sound, making it more hardcore. Lower levels are for wusses!

Unless you need sub bass, then the bass channel should be kept very low, or completely turned off if at all possible.

Don't forget to bounce to mp3 several times to get that lush digital saturation and unlock secret dank frequencies. This works best if you use gold cables at every stage in your workflow

N

E

X

T

L

E

V

E

L

Don't forget to bounce to mp3 several times to get that lush digital saturation and unlock secret dank frequencies. This works best if you use gold cables at every stage in your workflow

N

E

X

T

L

E

V

E

L

YOU KNOW THAT BRUV!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L9855XO/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_ymdGvb08NN2SH

41HL5zJjojL._SL1000_.jpg

Audioquest Diamond Apple iPhone / iPad Lightning Connector to USB - 1.5m

Price: £599.00 FREE UK delivery.
In stock.
  • Solid 100% Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS) Conductors
  • Hard-Cell Foam Insulation
  • Signal Conductors Controlled for Digital-Audio Directionality
  • Hard-Cell Foam Insulation Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS)
  • 72V Dielectric-Bias System (DBS)

HOW CAN YOUR MUSIC NOT SOUND GOOD THROUGH THOSE BADBOYS

200 meg Zip disks may have more capacity, but the older 100 meg ones sound better.

I also remember hearing that 94diskont was pretty much done by scratching and drawing on CD-Rs.

EDIT: Iheard that around the time Ovalprocess came out, and the rumor we were all talking about for that one was that he had written software to get a similar effect by screwing with the laser position in a CD-Rom drive in real time, and that the software was going to be included as a hidden data track on the CD release but atthe last minute he changed his mind because he didn't want everyone who bought the album to be able to copy his sound. No clue if either one is true.

hello rsp, this thread is for actual, factual tips only and this all sounds like something that didn't actually happen to me. please gang can we talk more about using garden tools to shave off yr waveforms headroom and how 2 expand the stereo field simply by staring at it Edited by Mesh Gear Fox

hello rsp, this thread is for actual, factual tips only and this all sounds like something that didn't actually happen to me. please gang can we talk more about using garden tools to shave off yr waveforms headroom and how 2 expand the stereo field simply by staring at it

You're right, there is already enough bad information about production on the Internet, I won't spread any more.

Speaking of headroom, it's a fact that the more low end you filter out the more headroom you get, so it you put a highpass filter on your master buss and set the cutoff frequency to infinity you can get infinite headroom!

careful though - not for your grandmas stereo mutherf*ckas

EDIT: sorry for the language

Edited by Mesh Gear Fox

Having trouble finding your own signature sound? Keep one monitor vertical and one horizontal.

Now you have style.

If you use headphones, remove the padding on the right hand side and insert a toothpick in your left ear.

Edited by Gocab

another little known fact, but should be so obvious to you lot.. you know the reason you cant chop up breaks like the pros? youre taking western tools to a ninja fight, thats why.

Because like their long history of folding steel multiple times to make the best swords and knives, theres a japanese daw so sharp that its cutting algorithm has been folded 32(!) times, thus creating the best breaks.

its been converted into english as well. quite why im telling you this secret i'll never know.

Domino.jpg
Edited by lala

Here some my parsonale prodoction tops over da yurs:

Simple sidechain tutorial:

mu_sidechaining-cubase5.jpg

Simple hack to make your walkman more lush:

watmm_lush.jpg

Instead of spending more time on your laptop for IDM, spend less time on more laptops:

watmm_laptop-studio.jpg

The most legit way to do an IDM live show:

watmm_idm-live.jpg

Wanna be an IDM Superstar? Then you gotta sellout:

watmm_idm-goes-pop.jpg

Put hash inside your audio ports to help the impedance buffer transducers oscillate the IDM trajectory of your induction coil ching chongz. This makes you become lush beatz:

2011-12-04.jpg

Hack wood panelling onto all electronics to produce better beatz:

mu_wood_woman.jpg

mu_wood_808.jpg

Edited by peace 7

Instead of spending more time on your laptop for IDM, spend less time on more laptops:

watmm_laptop-studio.jpg

I can confirm this tip is legit if you use a lot of audio but if you use MIDI then the only computer that you can make IDM ont is the Atari ST.

Edited by RSP

mu_me-monocle.jpg

peace 7 dropping tha infotainment

The first musicians (now knnown as 'producers') from the late 1800s actually invited the small/fast motor (now known as your every day commonally used electric toothbrush or sex vibrater) so they could add warmness and punch to their recordings of Robert Johnson, Adolf Hitler, and a young Madonna. Just place the motorized motor device near the cables that your using to record the sounds your recording (or just inside the computer or electronic keyboard if your an electronica wave producers). Make certain not to touch the motor on the instruments your recording, unless your going for a 'heavy rock punk' sound as that is how all heavy punk albums are recorded but you probobly new that.

A more modern tip I heard of is covering up the LEDs on all your music equipment so that your not draining extra power away from the sun, this helps you write music better, which is a fact scientists who first discovered the sun in the 1900s found out. Well i took this to a new level lol because now i cover up my computer monitor screen TV when writeing and recording DAWs onto hard drives with soft ware. Alot of some music that i made like this is avanT guard in the same way that Warhol was differnt from other classical painters of his period of ART era in history. It makes my music more pure like if i was channelling spirits from dead musicians so be careful if you try that because you may NEVER GO BACK!LOL i havent its so amazing like this

Also i heard paul MacCartney say that he writes music by not ever being told that anything he does is bad and so he just records any fucking idea he has and automatically 10billions people will listen to it no matter i havent tried that yet have you guys? thinking about doing this once and trying it

flol

my favourite bit was having software split into two different words and also capitalising MacCartney but not paul

flol

my favourite bit was having software split into two different words and also capitalising MacCartney but not paul

I am glad that my prodoctiun tips helpt you write musics on you're flol device board!

Sent using magic space waves

cortex.jpg