Wear a box on your head with painted face in order to emulate the sounds of Marshmello / Deadmau5 /  Daft Punk / Colonel Saunders / Squarepusher

sumsing sirius

Ableton warp modes is essentially all you need to do granular synthesis

If your bass drum sucks and your bass in general is muddy just tell your masterer to fix it when they get it won’t be a problem at all, most promastereratorers have a machine that can do this quickly and easily and cheaply but you have to have a masteratoring degree to be able to buy one

sumsing sirius

She always has a furious look as if she's just bollocked someone, is currently bollocking someone, or is about to bollock someone ... So I guess my top is get angry at something whilst mastering.

user good speaker. im serious a good speakers is really helpfol for inspirations which leads me to my neckst tip: inspiration, you need inspiration. you can make GREAT music that way

Foreals, you don't really need any equipment at all, just a good hifi speaker to play your music on, so it sounds super lush. Some people will argue that you need an amp and some audio source to plug in, I say fuck that noise, save that money and put it into your speaker, preferably through the bass port.

image.png.04816f29f8ea79637909296c050eac3a.png

It's difficult because of the challenges involved in getting good recordings of coughing. A cough has many inharmonic overtones which are usually perfect fifths, as we all know a sharp fifth can rupture the membrane of your mic, so you'll need some sort of shield or use a cough suppressor plugin but they tend to destroy the dynamics and make the coughs sound unnatural and forced.  In order to capture a dynamic recording of a cough without using a shit ton of post procsessing I recommend setting up a pair of matched mics in full blumlein.

Little trick I picked up during my years as an assistant at abbey road; if the cough you recorded is too dry just turn up the dry/wet level on your recording program a bit, if the cough is too wet put it through a granulizer, the grains will absorb the excess moisture.      

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 2:01 PM, Test Fforet said:

dunno if already posted, but Bogdan gives some solid prodoction-tops :

https://www.bogdanraczynski.com/5-tips-for-making-music/

#

#

#:datboi:

> stop listening to music you like

i really think this has some value to it! but, i can't just stop listening to others people's music, then what on earth am i going to do when dj-ing? i need to collect a lot of music (hence listen to it alot) for that single purpose at least – if not for my own pleasure.

but do recognize the fact that the more you listen to music, the more those sounds will linger in your brain and influence you musically. but it's a good thing mostly. for me it comes down to trying to have two modes of listening: one mode for analysing and the other for feeling. i think it can be good deciding to use the analytic mode some times, and choosing not to other times when you feel that picking a piece of music apart, comparing it with your music, figuring out how it was made etc. becomes boring and it makes you sad.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:01 AM, Test Fforet said:

dunno if already posted, but Bogdan gives some solid prodoction-tops :

https://www.bogdanraczynski.com/5-tips-for-making-music/

#

#

#:datboi:

Those are really good.

2 hours ago, htor said:

> stop listening to music you like

i really think this has some value to it! but, i can't just stop listening to others people's music, then what on earth am i going to do when dj-ing? i need to collect a lot of music (hence listen to it alot) for that single purpose at least – if not for my own pleasure.

but do recognize the fact that the more you listen to music, the more those sounds will linger in your brain and influence you musically. but it's a good thing mostly. for me it comes down to trying to have two modes of listening: one mode for analysing and the other for feeling. i think it can be good deciding to use the analytic mode some times, and choosing not to other times when you feel that picking a piece of music apart, comparing it with your music, figuring out how it was made etc. becomes boring and it makes you sad.

He said to just stop listening to music you like, not music altogether. Pick up a Billy Ray Cyrus or a Grimes album and let your creativity soar :V