I have a cringey story, I caught some of his set field day festival last year or the year before, I'd never heard his music before, Id just heard the name because warp records.

Anyway I was completely fucked. And it was the middle of the day so no one else really was. When the music started and it became clear to me this wasn't gonna be a massive rave I started shouting "where are the drums? He's left his drum machine at home lolol". Embarrassing shit like that, looking round at people like 'lol amirite?!'

In the end my girlfriend managed to drag me away before anyone decked me.

Sorry to anyone that was standing near me. I wouldve hated me.

afterwards it sounds funny but during the concert i would have been hating you for disturbing !
still cool that you apologize !

a few months ago i saw lorenzo senni and there was 1 I repeat 1 drugged women who destroyed the concert by shouting all the time stuff like:
yeeeeeaah and woooohoooooo, like really long&loud and without any cause.

also lol at your drumachine comment :biggrin:

wait i thought he was from russia not bumfuck mass?

His parents are from Russia (USSR technically), he's from Boston.

Yeah in fact I think the Juno he uses is the one his dad bought for his use as a professional musician in the USSR

Edited by joshuatx

I have a cringey story, I caught some of his set field day festival last year or the year before, I'd never heard his music before, Id just heard the name because warp records.

Anyway I was completely fucked. And it was the middle of the day so no one else really was. When the music started and it became clear to me this wasn't gonna be a massive rave I started shouting "where are the drums? He's left his drum machine at home lolol". Embarrassing shit like that, looking round at people like 'lol amirite?!'

In the end my girlfriend managed to drag me away before anyone decked me.

Sorry to anyone that was standing near me. I wouldve hated me.

thats an amazing story

Yeah in fact I think the Juno he uses is the one his dad bought for his use as a professional musician in the USSR

He said that his father only used the Juno to emulate accordions. I think that's amusing; such an expensive and flexible synth used for something so simple. I'm fairly certain that it was purchased in the US, though. I really don't think Roland synths would have been available in the USSR.

Edited by drillkicker

He said that his father only used the Juno to emulate accordions. I think that's amusing; such an expensive and flexible synth used for something so simple. I'm fairly certain that it was purchased in the US, though. I really don't think Roland synths would have been available in the USSR.

Ah that's right. Yeah he mentioned that at the RBMA interview, I was too lazy to look it up.

It is amusing he bought it for such a specific and fairly "traditional' sound.

His heritage is Russian. His permanent Celtics hat and OPN being a riff on Boston's Magic 106.7 reveal his true Mass status

I also drove on Pelham Island Road which goes from Sudbury to Wayland. It goes by a pond and is track title worthy, imo

5496dbf665.png

of all people

I agree with that, though. Twitter memes like this one are especially horrible.

It is amusing he bought it for such a specific and fairly "traditional' sound.

Yeah, an actual accordion would have been much cheaper. (It wouldn't have sounded as good on Returnal, though.)

Edited by drillkicker

Guest 2080one

what's a quintessential track of oneohtrix for someone who hasn't gotten in to him?

Edited by 2080one

what's a quintessential track of oneohtrix for someone who hasn't gotten in to him?

I like both OPN phases, ambient and meme, but one of my favorites is this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9lKsr6gvFE

Guest 2080one

danke. it's got feelings of BoC with Tim Hecker imo--this one track at least.

Edited by 2080one

yeah beautiful tune, i fell in love with oneohtrix point never with Rifts (collection of synths/ambient tunes) but truly love his gitchy WTF meme recent output. cant wait to taste that new lp.

love that recreation he did a few years ago :