Would be awesome if Warp gave the Kaoss Edge tracks a proper release...could be a "pre-album" release or something

Yeah, it's good to see they're finally back. Warp should show them some respect and give them a deece release.

You'd think they would never get together again after the death of Flow Kranium. RIP.

Would be awesome if Warp gave the Kaoss Edge tracks a proper release...could be a "pre-album" release or something

Yeah, it's good to see they're finally back. Warp should show them some respect and give them a deece release.

You'd think they would never get together again after the death of Flow Kranium. RIP.

Ezra could even take some CSS lessons with the money they'd make off the sales !

Also, the "Guitars" vid is awesome, kind of sound like a blend of Replica samples, r+7 voice patch + medieval guitars, it's awesome. Maybe it's the same song as in the flame vid ?

Edited by StocKo

Guest bitroast

Perhaps those tracks are the raw material that gets messed up for the album proper? Either way, a few bonus tracks is OK with me.

usually this would be very abnormal (for an artist to show sketch/unfinished versions of a track right before album release) but in this case it seems plausible since Kaoss Edge is supposed to be the 'inspiration' for 0pn

abnormal?

just the last warp album had something really similar with the website playing loops and snippets from the album

+ the real media -100kbps version of chrome country that sounded like butt.

I found an inaccuracy on the website, on the Kronology page

1911: IBM is founded in Endicott New York by William Burroughs dad

No, it was his Grandfather who started a company that kind of rivaled IBM at some point. But he died in 1898. Can't find anything about Burroughs' dad having anything to do with IBM.

Is this some really sloppy lazy research, or is wikipedia not up-to-date on this, or is there a "point" to this inaccuracy? It seems everything that has been placed on the website has a reason, it's all linked someway or another.

For example, there's this image

deadface.png

and then there's a link to this vid hidden somewhere:

The website is a really weird rabbithole. I kinda like that.

Edited by triachus

Have you got the link to Looking Glass ?

http://kaossedgeofficial.com/media/boyceketrax/Kaoss%20Edge%20-%20Looking%20Glass.mp3

lol are these Dawn of War vocal samples? sounds like Chaos Marine lines

"I HUNGER FOR REAL ENEMIES!"

0PN is definitely doing interesting stuff musically. I love how there's almost a natural progression between Replica, R+7 and this track, yet it's so different and new each time.

Fre$h

If everything on the album is as good as this, Oneohtrix might end up my favourite artist

So many albums get released under hype as initiating a paradigm shift but Oneohtrix seems to be the only one capable of delivering shifts of the paradigmatic type

Edited by Bechuga

Getting bored of all the media drip-feeding that goes on nowadays. I'll get the album when it's released in a few months time. Until then I'll think about other things more necessary. This thread has been going on since the end of june, so it I'll be 5 months until it will be released. Just kills my interest tbh.

Ho hum.

Edited by beerwolf