I really don't get how anyone could like those Kaoss Edge tracks. Those vocals are so shitty and the lyrics are cheesy as hell. They sound like very rough and unfinished drafts that Daniel put together in about an hour (or less). At least Bite Through It obviously had some effort put into it.

It's all about the a e s t h e t i c s . They sound sort of like cyber goth/industrial from a videogame.

But it's shit. Why would I listen to shit? And industrial music sounds nothing like those Kaoss Edge tracks. This is industrial music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bnnNCUtN58

Edited by drillkicker

I really don't get how anyone could like those Kaoss Edge tracks. Those vocals are so shitty and the lyrics are cheesy as hell. They sound like very rough and unfinished drafts that Daniel put together in about an hour (or less). At least Bite Through It obviously had some effort put into it.

It's all about the a e s t h e t i c s . They sound sort of like cyber goth/industrial from a videogame.

*video*

But it's shit. Why would I listen to shit? And industrial music sounds nothing like those Kaoss Edge tracks. This is industrial music:

*video*

Muzak is shit but vaporwave is still cool.

Edited by gmanyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bnnNCUtN58

lol :facepalm:

Well it's better than the Kaoss Edge tracks, that's for sure. It's slowly growing on me, as well, but I was really hoping for something more ambient, or at least atmospheric like Problem Areas was.

Edited by drillkicker

May need to start trawling the YouTubes and test uploading to Merlin in order to see if any of the live gems make it on this album. I'm hopeful that the plucked Ovaley sound of this banger means it might make it. I've been caning the shit out of it for nearly 2 years now. The climax at 2:43 causes involuntary devil horns

https://youtu.be/p6BToSh-1tw

woah DL just went full Physmod, the first half sounds very Overstepsy to me ( therefore i'm not worried). Not hearing as much of that Oval fake acoustic guitar plucking sound on this one. The physmod dam is breaking yo!

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i heard his NIN and recent live stuff has been really cool. The only time I saw him was out here in san francisco it seemed like he was playing back an already arranged ableton session of seemingly unmodified tracks from his Rifts era + old school 90s cgi demonstration video stuff (and some of the video content on the eccojams DVD). I'm a bit picky when it comes to experimental/ambient shows though, i always feel that something semi improvised or conceptual like a piece that fills an entire 30 minutes is the best way to present music likes his, but then again im old and out of touch. There was a poster here who said they used to see him play all the time with just a synth and some looper pedals (maybe they already posted in this thread?) that sounds really cool.

Edited by John Ehrlichman