Holy shit that http://kaossedgeofficial.com/is rad as fuck

I wish the real internet was like that

it was in the 90´s

Aye, was gonna say - loads of the emulation site I went to (for backup purposes obviously) back in the day (when the only source of internet was my local library) looked just like that !

Guest dioscuri

May need to start trawling the YouTubes and test uploading to Merlin in order to see if any of the live gems make it on this album. I'm hopeful that the plucked Ovaley sound of this banger means it might make it. I've been caning the shit out of it for nearly 2 years now. The climax at 2:43 causes involuntary devil horns

https://youtu.be/p6BToSh-1tw

I remember this lovely gem. After Four Tet's comment on the album sounding like "EDC 2018", I'm 99% sure it'll make it on there.

Edited by dioscuri

May need to start trawling the YouTubes and test uploading to Merlin in order to see if any of the live gems make it on this album. I'm hopeful that the plucked Ovaley sound of this banger means it might make it. I've been caning the shit out of it for nearly 2 years now. The climax at 2:43 causes involuntary devil horns

https://youtu.be/p6BToSh-1tw

I remember this lovely gem. After Four Tet's comment on the album sounding like "EDC 2018", I'm 99% sure it'll make it on there.

Here's a better version of it

https://youtu.be/nKBrYZ6lKsg?t=21m40s

(sorry no idea how to post a youtube video)

Rayban knocked it outta the goddam park

more cute physical modeling at 23:05

still loving those kaossedge tracks more than anything else new of his i've heard, hopefully there is some kind of side release of stuff like that at some point

Edited by John Ehrlichman

quickly become my favourite marketing campaign from warp, really great stuff. Its hit me in all the right spot, that kaoss edge stuff is wicked too.

Good on ya opn, not been this exited for an album since syro maybe..

I bite through it is an artist on top of his game

dont want to steer the thread into too much of a critical direction, but im curious to understand this statement. At first those kaoss edge tracks gave me the feeling you expressed above and 'i bite through it' felt like an artist retreading something almost too obviously and not adding too much to it. In a way i give more of a pass to R+7 because while i didn't like that album i still felt it was really different from what he had done before, this feels like Daniel smackdab in the middle of current electronic music lexicon instead of very ahead of the curve. So maybe you mean it in the sense that its an artist who has refined a particular style (which i would agree with). Its only one track though. prob too early to judge (last post)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I Bite Through It is definitely not the best OPN I've heard, but it's good enough that it bodes well for the rest of the album. I'm kind of pissed they released it so far ahead of the album because now I listened to it too much and it's going to mess up the flow of the album for me.

dont want to steer the thread into too much of a critical direction, but im curious to understand this statement. At first those kaoss edge tracks gave me the feeling you expressed above and 'i bite through it' felt like an artist retreading something almost too obviously and not adding too much to it. In a way i give more of a pass to R+7 because while i didn't like that album i still felt it was really different from what he had done before, this feels like Daniel smackdab in the middle of current electronic music lexicon instead of very ahead of the curve. So maybe you mean it in the sense that its an artist who has refined a particular style (which i would agree with). Its only one track though. prob too early to judge (last post)

Ya, this track sounds very refined, like theres not much else you could do to the track to make it better. It's also reminiscent of some R+7 stuff but doesn't stick too close. OPN has always had a nice sense of rhythm without using drums and this track really showcases that sense of rhythm.

Yeah for sure, i guess i meant his progression has been fantastic. The refined process of his is under full control. He obviously knows what he wants and now works comfortably to achieve it. The production is really fucking solid. He does a good job of turning those really big and popular sounding synths that are all over pop music into something great and interesting.

I assume he is just using omnisphere / zebra and those kinda synths for this and the past LP. Lots of presets which is fine, very glossy and clean sound but he knows how to process and resample well as well as his way round the old piano roll.

It took me a long time to come around to OPN but i think he is up there as one of the more interesting and forward thinking artists who are active at the moment.

I cant see it being a flop but stranger things have happened (future brown..). In a time where a hell of a lot of the best (or more interesting) music that is being released is being done so on smaller labels who lack the resources and time to go all out like this, its nice to soak it up.

can someone explaing this to me pls ?

r+7 interview
How did you make the album?
DL: The album was made in my apartment, mostly on a computer. Not a lot of hardware. A lot of mapping out, utilising non-musical information or flows to then create some general MIDI points that I then chromatically altered.
So how did you choose which ones you would useDL: A lot of the time they choose themselves, because we would have a ton of these scripts that we created, read back and then chromatically spread across four octaves. So if there’s a pre-existing melody we could apply that sampler instrument to the MIDI that was pre-existing

can someone explaing this to me pls ?

r+7 interview

How did you make the album?

DL: The album was made in my apartment, mostly on a computer. Not a lot of hardware. A lot of mapping out, utilising non-musical information or flows to then create some general MIDI points that I then chromatically altered.

So how did you choose which ones you would useDL: A lot of the time they choose themselves, because we would have a ton of these scripts that we created, read back and then chromatically spread across four octaves. So if there’s a pre-existing melody we could apply that sampler instrument to the MIDI that was pre-existing

Sounds like he used some sort of numerical data (that's not necessarily musical data) that then is fed through an application to generate midi note information that then gets tuned to a specific scale. Something like this -

Aye it definitely does, don't know how to program it myself but when I made a lighting/colouring tweak to the Push found out that the whole hadware device talks to Ableton via Python

Guest Chesney

I'm trying hard with OPN right now. I really like some of his stuff, Some of Replica, Rifts and all of Russian mind is great.

I am failing to see much in this new tune. There are some nice moments but then the idea tends to take over the musicality of it and it descends into jargon noodling.

I have watched a few interviews etc and he seems like a nice dude, and he has a chuchy cuddly face so I really want to like it.

Warp should probably just release the record now while everyone is excited about it. The hype is going to die down by November 13.

I really hope they have everything planned and won't let us wait with just a track released almost 3 months before the album release...

(Kaoss Edge LP Warp pls)