what's with the sub nardwuar meets bananafish interview?

Don't know. I guess it's all made up by Lopatin himself. Ezra, Flow Kranium, and Kaoss Edge both have a twitter account started on august 2nd or 3rd, with similarities between the tweets and the interview (Ezra being an alien with acne, Flow Kranium being dead on cryo etc).

It's quite an impressive job on the album's background (or is it just album background ?).

what's with the sub nardwuar meets bananafish interview?

Don't know. I guess it's all made up by Lopatin himself. Ezra, Flow Kranium, and Kaoss Edge both have a twitter account started on august 2nd or 3rd, with similarities between the tweets and the interview (Ezra being an alien with acne, Flow Kranium being dead on cryo etc).

It's quite an impressive job on the album's background (or is it just album background ?).

Wow, Flow Kranium retweeted a Devin Townsend tweet about Ziltoid. I didn't expect Daniel Lopatin to follow Devy, but it's a pleasant surprise.

I guess Ezra is Lopatin's alter ego, stuck in his puberty (which he mentioned was one of the album's theme ?).

Remind me of the beginning of his Red Bull Lecture thing where he spoke about playing bass in a garage band as a teenager (he also speaks a lot about bass in the "interview"). I think it makes sense.

Mark me down for Friday, Nov. 13th.

I'd like to redeem my WATMM points, please.

Edit: Also going to hazard a guess and say this will be released in an odd format; a USB business card perhaps?

Edited by malaria

It worked on the pointnever website, thanks :) the excerpt is quite interesting, maybe it's the "medieval ballad" he spoke about in the interview ?

And regarding the weird release format : definitely possible, and would be awesome ! Also, it's quite unusual to see a big label like Warp making an announcement acknowledging they haven't finished preparing the release of an album !

I'm kind of upset that I have to wait three more months for this album, considering that it was announced a long time ago already. I have a bad feeling that it will turn out to be OPN's Yeezus, though.

yeah still curious how he's going to approach the whole metal aesthetic. Not surprised he sounds like he's using very cheesy stock acoustic guitar samples in the ballad excerpt. I just hope sound design wise he doesn't pull the same aesthetic out for the distorted/harsh parts like by using one of those Sega Genesis Skitchen low bit rate guitar chop samples or something, lol

if he did that it would still be ballsy because i doubt many people would like it

Boss Dr-5 'heavy metal' examples for good measure Edited by John Ehrlichman

if he did that it would still be ballsy because i doubt many people would like it

Judging by the thread for the album no-one on WATMM liked R + 7 so ballsy must be his modus operandi

Edited by Bechuga

Man, i get pretty psyched up reading about how revolutionary people think OPN is, but any time I put on one of his albums I'm left pretty unsatisfied. I'm always keeping an ear open for these new set of parameters I keep hearing about, but I never hear it. Maybe this time the glory will present itself. *will report back in 3-5 days time*

Man, i get pretty psyched up reading about how revolutionary people think OPN is, but any time I put on one of his albums I'm left pretty unsatisfied. I'm always keeping an ear open for these new set of parameters I keep hearing about, but I never hear it. Maybe this time the glory will present itself. *will report back in 3-5 days time*

If you haven't checked out Commissions II yet, I highly, hiiiiighly recommend it! The Bullet Hell Abstraction tracks are otherworldly and Suite for Magnetic Rose is stunningly beautiful.

Unless of course, you've already given it a listen and weren't too keen on it, though I have a feeling this album is going to be one hell of an incredible masterpiece. I like what I'm hearing in the trailer and all the talk about death metal guitars haha

I haven't checked it out, will do so asap. I did like the progression in that trailer, thought it was much stronger melodically than anything else I've heard from him.

Garden of Delet

Haha, this is what came to mind when I saw the title too. Is delet a fan of OPN? I recall him saying something about his music being the equivalent of people messing about with the arpeggiator setting on a keyboard, which we've all done at one time or another.