Val Kilmer gets the call asking him to do this. He stares theough the window out over the palm trees. "Wait, wasn't I batman once?"

"Hello, Val? Are you there?"

Val [to himself]: "yeah, I was literally batman in the 90s. Fucking batman. Wtf happened to me?"

"Yeah, tell Daniel I'll do it."

Val Kilmer gets the call asking him to do this. He stares theough the window out over the palm trees. "Wait, wasn't I batman once?"

"Hello, Val? Are you there?"

Val [to himself]: "yeah, I was literally batman in the 90s. Fucking batman. Wtf happened to me?"

"Yeah, tell Daniel I'll do it."

lol, alco redeems this pretentious mess of a video. Too bad, this was my favorite track from last year, was pumped when I heard Kilmer was involved. But wtf, this is pretentious, boring, and as a video editor LAZY

Guest bitroast

yeah. i used to fuck around with video editing software and make OPN vids abit couple years back, mostly just for fun. can definitely vouch for OPNs music being super evocative and owing itself to visuals very seamlessly.

this just seems like an idea that popped into someone's head and they went ahead and did it. but man does it make for a boring 4 minutes. the glitchy editing doesn't do much to inspire either, especially as it's generally just done in a 1to1 fashion directly with the vocals glitching out. i dunno. arts art. arts fine. but agreeing that it was pretty boring lol

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

o no shit .. its the guy that did Comedians. nooooo, shit.

i still can't get over vvv

Val Kilmer

Directed & Edited by Rick Alverson
Story by Daniel Lopatin & Rick Alverson

Ryan Zacarias - Producer
Drew Bienemann - DP
Alex Kornreich - Steadicam
Julien Janigo - Gaffer
Paulo Arriola - 1st AC
Jess Eisenman - HMU
Dan Finfer - Home Owner

how much $$$ did this cost :psyduck: 

val is a serious genius

My mate played him as a child in the beginning of the film. We were at his house stoned when he randomly said to watch it and it didn't click at all, until he left the room and came back in wearing a child's jacket with The Saint written across the back. He got to meet Val and Cindy Crawford who he was dating at the time, considering the podgy toad was on the horizon she definitely dodged a bullet there.