The album is excellent, the video is okay. Not super inspiring or anything. Not nearly as good as the "Beta-Male" thing from a few years ago. Didn't really dig the "Sticky Drama" video either, but I appreciate the concept they were reaching for there, even if it didn't move me that much. That was my least favorite track on GOD, anyway. The "Freaky Eyes" bit that came out a little while ago was very good. 

This stuff about being a "hack" is ridiculous. Honestly, I find his work hit-or-miss, but it's got more hit than miss. Much more. And his early output is so solid, even if I don't always like what he's doing with his recent output, I appreciate his courage to try something new, at least. To call him a 'hack' is way over the top. You know, someone on here raised (in a different thread) the concern that there is more nay-saying on WATMM lately than there is a discussion of the music and art they actually enjoy. That was a fair remark--I've complained on here before about some artists (particularly some signed on Warp that I still don't understand), but I think it's better to spend my energy talking about art I enjoy, instead. So, yeah, I enjoyed "Animals" and I don't really dig this video, but I see what they were trying to do, and frankly, I'm happy that someone sat Val Kilmer down and recorded his reaction to this track. Even if I don't dig the missing-frames thing (I don't really think it fits, but whatever), I appreciate what they were shooting for. 

Guest Chesney

I was only half joking but some peeps in here know that anyway. I'm not a fan of GoD particularly, there are definitely moments but they are all too fleeting. I like some of his other stuff but not all. I do like the fact he said that he does not use snare drums because it puts a date on your work, you can't write future music with snares. I agree with that. There is nothing wrong with snare drums of course as long as you're planning on making music of a certain time but if you want to make other wordly future sounds then he's right. He tried with GoD and partially succeeded but he time stamped plenty of dated ideas by using certain sounds anyway so… I'd like to here is next try.

ive seen the movie a bunch

what is wrong with you

i like val kilmer AND elizabeth shue without a perm

To be fair, that movie was standard late night fodder for a long time - I think I've watched it more than 5 times due to it just being on while I was winding down an evening of being a fine upstanding gentleman about town.

Guest Chesney

You're taking the piss out of OPN not me with this ;) And even so, it's falling predictably as I laid it out. I urge you to try harder along with OPN at making future music.

• 3 months later...

lol. I'm listening to this for the first time right now while reading this thread. So far the thread is more entertaining than the album. thx watmm