is this what i think it is? flame chord progression at 2:07:

https://twitter.com/Bankushii/status/619815659833176064

apologies if jazz (like excerpt from live recording)

If this is the new album, then I'm going to be quite disappointed.

yeah i have no idea what this is, only it kinda sounds like opn + i hear 'flame' + at first sight the twitter account it came from looks like an opn sockpuppet. can't be bothered joining twitter to message user.

even for someone who thought r+7 was pretty weak, there is no way in hell Daniel made this. It sounds like someone trying really hard to sound 'weird' who doesn't have intuitive abilitiy to make weird sounding music thats also good. that fucking gating pad sound = horrible

If it is him ill be shocked, the very very beginning was a little bit convincing but as soon as that rapid fire 16th note chopper effect started... nope

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Checking out music with the high hopes n expectations of it being revolutionary and it changing your perception of music forever is probably never gonna swing too well in your favour..

it worked for me the first time that is why i am now on WATMM, the ae boc and rdj fanboy forum

hasnt worked any other times tho..,.

Edited by Zeffolia

Aye, always a fan of glitched out orchestral strings. Don't think it's OPN (actually sounds a bit Tim Hecker ish but with less distortion) but I like it all the same

nice track, looks like it was made by White Rainbow (in the description). tim and Eric should be working with opn though, i sense they might be a little bit of Pitchfork babe believers (and might not have the best gauge of quality music, esp ambient so it makes sense they'd go with White rainbow)

nice track, looks like it was made by White Rainbow (in the description). tim and Eric should be working with opn though, i sense they might be a little bit of Pitchfork babe believers (and might not have the best gauge of quality music, esp ambient so it makes sense they'd go with White rainbow)

i think its eric more than tim - tim is just pusswhip banggang

White rainbow?

http://forum.watmm.com/user/14539-white-rainbow/

that burzum prison album always reminded me of older Mortiis (the metal guy who i think got plastic surgery to look like an elf/orc?)

He didn't get plastic surgery, he just wears a mask.

truth

I love how OPN's releases now are completely all over the shop - always excited about what odd direction he's gonna go in and this sounds like it's no exception

nice guitar tones. Im looking forward to this a lot now that I know its not going to be 'haha listen to how blatantly cheesy and jarring this stock sample library kit im using is' that old school fake organ patch he kept using on R+7 was very very hard for me to listen to for more than 10 seconds at a time