that burzum prison album always reminded me of older Mortiis (the metal guy who i think got plastic surgery to look like an elf/orc?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DbfxHTHswo

Whoa, never actually heard this guys stuff, only familiar with his name and stage presence. I get the impression he pioneered the dungeon ambient synth stuff more than Varg did. Thanks for the link.

he's become somewhat of a mockery within the black metal community but oddly he was always seemingly well respected among the more noise/ambient/doom side of black metal ( i say oddly because most of his music sounds very whimsical like the type of music you'd hear in the town square during a medieval RPG, most of it is not atmospheric ambient afaik)

no doubt OPN's explored the amazingness that is Mortiis

mortiis26.jpg

maxresdefault.jpgmortiis4.jpg

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Just want to get a post in here early before this thread becomes 300 pages long.

I'm psyched too but not sure about all the weird concept stuff. Just gimme the music yo.

Just want to get a post in here early before this thread becomes 300 pages long.

I'm psyched too but not sure about all the weird concept stuff. Just gimme the music yo.

wheet ! the concept is the interesting stuff man , there is enough music without thougts & ideas.

wheet ! the concept is the interesting stuff man , there is enough music without thougts & ideas.

It's too much for me to keep up with. I enjoy a concept behind an album if it's presented as a part of it, not so much if it is splattered all over social media.

I think it's a really clever teasing campaign. The videos are getting more and more interesting (IMHO), and the fact that the details on how the album will be released are so blurry is also interesting. Warp seems to be determined to do one massive campaign for that album anyway, and I think they're doing it right. Perhaps they also want OPN to get kind of "mainstream".