IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on here found out that a track from AFX's Modular Trax album was used in the Scirem track now called Serge Fenix. That was the first actual hard proof that it was AFX. This was right after AFX released those Modular Trax. Does anybody remember which bits they are?

I'm talking about the first few seconds + @ 0.29 in Serge Fenix:

@ 7:00 in that video is the sound in Serge Fenix around 0:29 I guess? Any others?

Someone on here (I think it was ZoeB) found out that a track from AFX's Modular Trax album was used in the Scirem track now called Serge Fenix. That was the first actual hard proof that it was AFX. This was right after AFX released those Modular Trax. Does anybody remember which bits they are?

I'm talking about the first few seconds + @ 0.29s in Serge Fenix:

seems like the track used was from about 7:00 in that vid

Damn... looks beautiful. Really liking the design (and the fact that there is a design again). Was starting to think all future Aphex releases would be in this "anti design" style.

explain

I have a strong suspicion it's just gonna be filled with four-to-the-floor beats and a few detuned synths thrown in for good measure. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that stuff, but it's not exactly my favourite style of AFX, especially for an entire release.

Ok fair enough, that was tasty. Can def tell that was crafted in the Analord-to-Tuss transition period.

wait, that track is on the EP? fur sure?

yep.

uploaded to soundcloud. The copyright algorithm detected it and named it.

Archived