IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

Ok fair enough, that was tasty. Can def tell that was crafted in the Analord-to-Tuss transition period.

Hah, well that was quick :)

Just for clarification: yes, this is legit. It was played on the Penryn Space Agency radio show (check the PSA thread on here) earlier today. Chronical then uploaded it to soundcloud and he jasondonervan'ed © it (taking unreleased track down because of copyright and then giving you the track title of what they took down, jasondonervan used it to ID 4 or 5 tracks on Syro just from live recordings).

It's also the track that caught my ear the most when I heard the samples on iTunes, so sick. Full track absolutely delivers :music:

aZxr117.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it absolutely hilarious that a mechanism implemented to thwart piracy can be used to identify legitimate leaks - almost like the exact opposite of its intended purpose

the show. i keep missing the fucking things cause i'm at work and they scrub the talking for the mixcloud (don't know if they scrub pre-rendered song intros though, never thought about, inveterate skimming) ,plus i wants a shoutout ... that would be so bitching :cat:

i kinda wonder why they scrub the talking for mixcloud, there's some really funny discussion/"calls" most shows(especially towards the end of the jodey kendrick one L.O.L), reckon for the all purists that just want the music

but yeah big up to PSA and the ginger wizard

Guest cult fiction

Ok fair enough, that was tasty. Can def tell that was crafted in the Analord-to-Tuss transition period.

Synthacon 9 was first played live in 2005, so it's either from the middle of Tuss development or after assuming the title holds true

LOL at PSA in that clip:

- Play brand new, unheard, deceptively "simple" AFX track.

- Casually mention that "if you're a new and upcoming artist, send us your tracks, and we'll play them if they're good enough".

:D

Also, is everyone on holiday? No enthusiasm for this awesome new track? Fuck me that Tuss era is classic.

I'm trying to limit it to one listen, it sounded fooking lush but I enjoyed barely knowing Syro when it came out and I want the same for the next record.

Guest bitroast

I'm trying to limit it to one listen, it sounded fooking lush but I enjoyed barely knowing Syro when it came out and I want the same for the next record.

yeah. all this teasing is driving me crazy.

wish they kept their gob quiet until early august or so to say 'new afx in 2 weeks' then bam! new afx.

I'm really rinsing it, really psyched for the EP now. Thinking about it, we have four tracks already...

*spoilers*

01 serge fenix Rendered 2

02 dmx acid test
03 oberheim blacet1b
04 bonus EMT beats
05 simple slamming b 2
06 midi pipe1c sds3time cube/klonedrm
07 NEOTEKT72
08 r8m neotek beat (according to indulin :))

Guest bitroast

I'm confused. This oberheim blacet is not even 3 min long according to bleep but the track from link is ~3:30. :huh:

https://bleep.com/release/61781-afx-orphaned-deejay-selek-2006-2008

guessing it being a radio broadcast has something to do with that..

also guessing the actual tracks won't have radio dj talking over it **unless, that is exactly what 'deejay selek' is referring to...**

I'm confused. This oberheim blacet is not even 3 min long according to bleep but the track from link is ~3:30. :huh:

I'm not sure what you mean, the radio recording is 3:29 and the track cuts in after 4 seconds and plays on until the end of the recording? It's maybe missing a few bars because of it being a radio play. Like I said, it's legit :)

guessing it being a radio broadcast has something to do with that..

also guessing the actual tracks won't have radio dj talking over it **unless, that is exactly what 'deejay selek' is referring to...**

Of course it won't but this does not affect the length of the track

I'm not sure what you mean, the radio recording is 3:29 and the track cuts in after 4 seconds and plays on until the end of the recording? It's maybe missing a few bars because of it being a radio play. Like I said, it's legit :)

What I mean is the duration of oberheim blacet in bleep is 2:26, maybe this is wrong idk nvm, lets enjoy ginger wizards magic! :sorcerer:

Archived