IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good track, want to hear version that isn't so compressed.

But still, can't beat those juicy analog claps on serge fenix.

i always hear them as real clap samples, which is part of why the track is so nice. really raw synthesis elements with a real clap accompaniment on top

yeah they might be real claps or at least a digital-based drum machine clap but maybe it's a sample too I really cannot tell. Although he said no samples used. But then again, bits of it are reversed in the mix.

Isn't the clap really obviously timestretched near the beginning? Can't listen right now so can't give the exact, but when the first chord hits? I reckon he recorded his own claps track and then some minor computer edits. Not synthesis, not really sampling. Banging track anyway, can't wait to get my hands on it

Also forgive my ignorance but rendered is specifically a daw term no? Which daws automatically put 'rendered' in the filename when bouncing to audio? Ableton def does, or at least used to, do all the others?

Also forgive my ignorance but rendered is specifically a daw term no? Which daws automatically put 'rendered' in the filename when bouncing to audio? Ableton def does, or at least used to, do all the others?

i dont know about filename conventions but i'd assume that usually means a daw render/mixdown rather than a 'real-time export' which can also be done on a daw

I starting to feel like new Aphex is a little too samey.

New Aphex? You mean the 2006-2008 tracks? :dadjoke:

You do have a valid point though, but in the case of this EP it's probably to be expected. Just like the CW LP / SC dump, this seems more like Aphex has realized we actually really give a shit and he's putting stuff out there that maybe otherwise wouldn't have seen the light of day (I mean, we already know the Serge Fenix track for almost 10 years, the tracks are all made in the Tuss / Syro era but made just to play out live, but suddenly he's making them available properly). I think that's close to what he said in one of the interviews too. As Syro was supposed to be a conclusion to that sound, I'm mostly really curious as to what will come afterwards.

also, wondering what blacet stuff he's using.

not that it matters. but i did just get a small frac rack a bit ago (aware they make stuff outside of that format too). tried to solder together a miniwave kit but it dont work :(

also, wondering what blacet stuff he's using.

not that it matters. but i did just get a small frac rack a bit ago (aware they make stuff outside of that format too). tried to solder together a miniwave kit but it dont work :(

it sounds to me like he might be using a miniwave on some of the stuff on the Tuss and other tracks that have a similar farty synth vibe to them, but i could be 100% wrong.

Promised myself I wouldn't hear this until the real thing arrived but just gave up and heard the track on mary anne's program. It sounds like a polished analord to me, really cool track. Indeed nothing new but good stuff. I would take good shit over new that may not be as good (sorry Tom, can't dig your latest stuff as much).

i wanna fuck mary anne hobbs voice so baddd. love a sexy voice. uhhhnnnn

sorry

(assuming im not the only one tho)

*literally pukes*

lel she sounds like she's always horny

Archived