IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

i disagree. xmas evet1 n, diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13, serge fenix, these are gorgeous tunes. plus he's giving us tons of stuff for free, like midevil rave. the new stuff holds its own against any era imo.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i disagree. xmas evet1 n, diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13, serge fenix, these are gorgeous tunes. plus he's giving us tons of stuff for free, like midevil rave. the new stuff holds its own against any era imo.

and apparently we haven't even heard much of the really new stuff, since a lot of Syro and this EP are almost 10 years old

Guest bitroast

Yeah. The soundcloud seemd like the floodgates to the old tunes and releasing them for free. Some "choice" tracks in the mix too like the cheetah tracks, cottage, etc. The EP seems like similar approach of releasing older stuff but collecting some of the better stuff and getting it mastered/pressed proper.

Guest jsc909

I think the Tuss stuff is without a doubt some of richards best stuff ever released.

Rushup Edge is so good. and gets better with age (like most great aphex releases) Goodbye Rute I think is one of his most under appreciated.

This x 10000000000000

Rushtup edge passed me by terribly on release, I had it at release and I listened and just thought 'What the hell is this?'....Doubted it was Reeech even... But over the years I revisited and now it is one album I can never tire of. There is so much in there, it's a gift that keeps on giving!

Back to the subject in hand - I am trying to ignore any leaks. Come on Warp, get it out there!

Addictive beats, really liking it, the first track doesn't seem nearly as alien as it did back in the day with all these other tracks providing context. Do you think he's done all this with the same gear? I think i heard a GX1 on track 4.

and apparently we haven't even heard much of the really new stuff, since a lot of Syro and this EP are almost 10 years old

My ears are gagging on more shit like this:

yeah that stuff is really great, it has a slightly more glitchy/idm bent than a lot of the other hardware centric i've heard of his from post Tuss era

God damn. The 6:09 track falls into such a deep groove it's ridiculous. It's a mariana trench groove. Every instrument fits in so well with the swing. That kick with the sub bass that hits every four measures is monstrous. Hmm...I feel like I've heard that tambourine sample in another rdj track before. So good.

I think it's the same tambourine as Last Pushup 10, just not pitched up or distorted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcC1V-SsCg

yeah that stuff is really great, it has a slightly more glitchy/idm bent than a lot of the other hardware centric i've heard of his from post Tuss era

You guys'll praise anything, seriously.

Guest cult fiction

T08+4 is lush

On the other hand, that track you really like is terrible

Guest bitroast

seems only fair given the watmm collective of 'You guys' also have a tendency to absolutely shit on and hate anything as well. fair's fair :)

loool. this avatar is a crack up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcC1V-SsCg

T08+4 is lush

On the other hand, that track you really like is terrible

Which track is that, I've yet to find anything worth a repeat listen. Heh. I haven't downloaded the thing you guys are listening to btw, and am really fucking from the deepest recesses of my soul that there is something on this release that makes it worth the purchase price. Truly though at this point in time I'm more looking forward to new trackermatte, well if it's not the contemplative divergent stuff but his more straight to the point riff based well twisted dancey stuff.

I haven't downloaded the thing you guys are listening to btw, and am really fucking from the deepest recesses of my soul that there is something on this release that makes it worth the purchase price. Truly though at this point in time I'm more looking forward to new trackermatte, well if it's not the contemplative divergent stuff but his more straight to the point riff based well twisted dancey stuff.

that's why you can download the leak first, lets be real. it's not that hard to find and you're not gunna go to hell. fyi, there are atleast 3 absolute timeless keepers on dis here release. maybe not still worth the purchase price, but that's your opinion/budget... also funny you mention your hoping that the new trackermatte is more straight forward, riff-driven dancey stuff, because that's exactly how i would describe this pressing

hey I uploaded that video, ha!

I haven't downloaded the thing you guys are listening to btw, and am really fucking from the deepest recesses of my soul that there is something on this release that makes it worth the purchase price. Truly though at this point in time I'm more looking forward to new trackermatte, well if it's not the contemplative divergent stuff but his more straight to the point riff based well twisted dancey stuff.

that's why you can download the leak first, lets be real. it's not that hard to find and you're not gunna go to hell. fyi, there are atleast 3 absolute timeless keepers on dis here release. maybe not still worth the purchase price, but that's your opinion/budget... also funny you mention your hoping that the new trackermatte is more straight forward, riff-driven dancey stuff, because that's exactly how i would describe this pressing

Je refuse, non non non ...

I like some of the bits on orphaned dj selk (that 1:42 track mainly) but compared to the Tuss, it's pretty obvious to me that ODS is weak/sloppy and lacks inspiration.

Neotektu72 is a 5 minutes 5/4 static drum pattern with random reverb splashes. I like me some beats and recording textures and maybe it works on a dancefloor as a utility track (doubt it) but I don't get what's to admire or particularly enjoy on here.

Serge fenix rendered is the closest thing to a killer track on here, but those sloppy detuned chord stabs are just sloppy. It seems like if any other notes were to be played in those stabs, the musical effect would be the same. In the Syrobunkers interview, Richie was all like ''music makers shouldn't give in the dark side, we really need to express what's best and positive, awaken people with positive / trippy vibes'' but to my ears this track and the rest of this EP is just giving in to the shit vibe of this world.

I like that little midi pipe 2:26 track but it sounds a bit thin, and again, detuned pads / dark sad vibe.

And those track titles sucks, it was a nice novelty on Syro but now it just kills any sense of imagination or wonder, which is fitting since the tracks have little of those as well.

the chords are the best part of that song. you're high. no wait if you were high you wold realize this...

so it seems it has leaked... this time i would even give it a listen (purchased it anyway), but cant find a way right now. from what you all say it seems to be a nice piece :-)

Guest skibby

Aphex, like a profitable religion or Frop, is good mental software and well worth the money.

Wherever you are RDJ, the world is 'right' again now that you're back.

also funny you mention your hoping that the new trackermatte is more straight forward, riff-driven dancey stuff, because that's exactly how i would describe this pressing

Sweet. is more confident again lol. /affixes burn protection gear to psyche

WTF. I listen to the album fully, find out Bonus EMT Beats

you have the wrong tracklist fyi, Bonus EMT beats has no melodies, its just beats

haha, so I've found out. I deleted it because the mono was getting on my nerves. I like the stereo version of Serge Fenix a good bit better than the mono for whatever reason, and the rest of the album was a bit lackluster, I imagine its because the music isn't how it's intended to be heard. etc etc.

The midi pipe organ track reminds me of Herbie Hancock - Headhunters, and Numbers by Kraftwerk. Percussion sounds a bit Analogue Bubblebath too.

I feel like the creepy afx pads work for his deejay style, but if I were playing it out I would want to make a snappier mix. Anyone heard the version of Numbers Kraftwerk has been playing live? The deep bass and the catchy percussion on this is similar, the twisted organ hook & the evolution it makes could KILL on a big sound system with some editing

Archived