IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

Weird goings on in my Bleep account. SquarepusherAFX?

e99irb.jpg

Also, are the stickers being shipped out separately or something? Mine's already in the 'Processing' stage and the EP's not out for over a week?

2hnvzmv.jpg

Yeh gettin that too!

Absolutely prick-teasing saying SquarepusherAFX. Possible collab?

"Those tracks"??

Archive Sticker Set??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got two stickers in my order (I ordered the CD + 12"), so I assume it's just an efficient way to make sure everyone gets their sticker(s) with their order. Don't think you should read into it that much, my guess is the Squarepusher thing is because they used the same system with the Squarepusher mailouts and copied it to this release and forgot to edit the title correctly.

Processing means they are just putting the stickers into your order to get them ready for the mailout.

Weird goings on in my Bleep account. SquarepusherAFX?

e99irb.jpg

Also, are the stickers being shipped out separately or something? Mine's already in the 'Processing' stage and the EP's not out for over a week?

2hnvzmv.jpg

Yeh gettin that too!

Absolutely prick-teasing saying SquarepusherAFX. Possible collab?

"Those tracks"??

Archive Sticker Set??

Yeah got the same thing here... Weird mistake to make though. You just can't help from wondering if all these mistakes are Warp/rdj trolling! Probably not, but it's still funny to think abuot it.

this is hands down one of the greatest things hes ever done.

the more i hear tracks like this of his the more I'm understanding just how effective a midi-gate can be to adding expression to normally static samples. The break sounds like the same loop more or less but the way he's gating each hit in different parts makes it sound incredibly good

tell me more about this, never heard about midi-gates and the break sample sounds really good :-)!

I think he's just talking about how the drum hits are sometimes gated, they don't trail off, the note gets cut off abruptly. You hear this all the time in aphex tunes. You can do this sometimes with a noise gate before it hits the compressor or you can control it at the sequencer level depending on your setup, what kind of sound you want to achieve.

that simple slamming is not to my taste, so i see what you kids are on about with 'oh it's music for dance floors' i've had the misfortune of visiting dance festivals, there is never anything i want to hear happening at them. they are sonically frightening shit music nondancable bro zones. best kept away from.

so what is your sublime taste then

lol, i like what i like you like what you like. I hope though that people aren't having their opinions influenced via the fact that it's a rich joint though and genuinely have these suped up ultra hype opinions about that track on it's sonic merits alone. Some of the gushing would lead me to believe this track was tuss level or summat. Which to me it ain't. So there you go, i presented a thing by which to criticize my taste or lack thereof.

It's cool though, i feel like i'm trolling some kindegardeners or something, it's just cruel and teacher might get mad at me for not liking elmo and saying that grover is better. So i'll be back when i've heard the mini album in the car on a nice drive.

I like this sentence, fair enough. However, I don't like to be called kid or kindergardener here. ;-))))

the kindy thing was for the lol of it dudika [-; i love all my watmm homies, no matter the dank of it we get into.

/i'm not saying you're dank hah, cripes i so silly. Although i've started to use dank to mean cool. So maybe i'm saying we dank hoemskilz.

8.1, not bad. I don't think Simptony Slamtano will be as generous.

Generous being the key word here. Don't care for the guy but if he did give it a low rating I'd understand. I'm not hearing anything that special in this release. The 6:10, 2:27 & 3:25 tracks are nice but on the whole it's decent at best. Wish I was excited over this release as the rest of you seem to be.

this is hands down one of the greatest things hes ever done.

the more i hear tracks like this of his the more I'm understanding just how effective a midi-gate can be to adding expression to normally static samples. The break sounds like the same loop more or less but the way he's gating each hit in different parts makes it sound incredibly good

tell me more about this, never heard about midi-gates and the break sample sounds really good :-)!

I think he's just talking about how the drum hits are sometimes gated, they don't trail off, the note gets cut off abruptly. You hear this all the time in aphex tunes. You can do this sometimes with a noise gate before it hits the compressor or you can control it at the sequencer level depending on your setup, what kind of sound you want to achieve.

ah i see, so its that "stuttering" of the loop cause some hits get cut etc... think i get the idea :-). the term midi gate was new to me though

8.1, not bad. I don't think Simptony Slamtano will be as generous.

Generous being the key word here. Don't care for the guy but if he did give it a low rating I'd understand. I'm not hearing anything that special in this release. The 6:10, 2:27 & 3:25 tracks are nice but on the whole it's decent at best. Wish I was excited over this release as the rest of you seem to be.

The third track (Simple Slamming b2) of the four tracks so far from bleep seems to be the best, but yeah so far H S I'm not going too crazy either.

not listening to any of these tracks till i get this, always enjoyed it more that way especially syro had never wanted to hear any of the live tracks until i own them

I'm just really happy to hear some nice Tuss/AFX acid again, specially oberheim blacet1b. This is probably my favourite release since RDJ's 'comeback'.

Having said that, I'm a bit dissapointed that the mastering (yes I'm going there) is so loud. oberheim blacet1b would probably have worked even better given the Tuss treatment... I guess it's a Warp thing?

Archived