IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't all AFX releases been a series? AB, HAB, analord... Wonder if there will be more ODS down the line

2 Remixes By AFX, AFX / LFO split, Smojphace EP are the only exceptions I guess, but yeah, ODS has potential :)

I'm just really happy to hear some nice Tuss/AFX acid again, specially oberheim blacet1b. This is probably my favourite release since RDJ's 'comeback'.

Having said that, I'm a bit dissapointed that the mastering (yes I'm going there) is so loud. oberheim blacet1b would probably have worked even better given the Tuss treatment... I guess it's a Warp thing?

Syro, CCAI, MARCHROM 12" and ODS are all done by Beau Thomas, except for track 2-12 on the Syro CD / digital release (done by Mandy Parnell), Tuss is done by Matt Colton who mastered a lot of Rephlex releases. I don't know shit about mastering, but purely from what Matt has done in the past (and how much I love those) I'd vote for him. That said, I really have no problem with the production of any of Aphex's last releases, the loudness is just the best sound for this time and age I guess.

Guest bitroast

The tuss vinyl sounds fantastic.

Syro sounds notably better on vinyl too so i hope people are least taking that one in consideration when talking mastering cos it honestly sounds pretty fucking good. Tuss also has that wee advance as well of being 45 instead of 33 ..

Tuss also has that wee advance as well of being 45 instead of 33 ..

good point, and come to think of it i haven't heard anything of the Tuss on vinyl besides the Confederation Trough EP

i wonder if the tuss stuff sounds so good because he went all out with reamping

for me the Tuss stuff sounds maybe more pleasing because he's using a lot more chopped up classic break samples. Almost every track on Rushup edge has at it's core a pretty wild up front in the mix cutup break.

black dog and afx on pfork in the same day? sentimental post on same site about most emo 90s idm tracks? is IDM coming back :) :). my 1yo listens to a lot of hip hop and pop radio and of course all i hear these days is 90s IDM being repurposed for hip hop but that's probably because i'm a member here, but seriously...

only 7-28 business days now!

think i'll order your face and la-di-da-di

just got untilted, chiastic slide and cichli suite

i order a ton of shit when anticipating something so my mind doesnt spoil around the idea of it and i dont overplay it

i know i should already have all the autechre. i only enrolled at AEU a couple years ago

No dispatch for me. I'm guessing they'll wait a couple days to ship UK orders.

Also, looks like our stickers could be double sided like the Syro one? Unless this is something completely different?

mn22dl.jpg

(not my pic, found on instagraham)

Has Warp done a die cut CD sleeve since LFO back in the day?

Archived