AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Synthacon 9 was played live in 2005

Minipops was played live in 2007

These are post Tuss, contemporaries of early Syro, not sketches

A couple of breaks/patches on this EP are identical to Tuss material, anyway.

pretty sure part of the main beat in neotekt72 is a break from synthacon9 (3:24)

Yeah, and the 808/break/flanged hihat/plate reverb sends combo in Synthacon9 is the same as in oberheim blacet1b.

Synthacon 9 was played live in 2005

Minipops was played live in 2007

These are post Tuss, contemporaries of early Syro, not sketches

A couple of breaks/patches on this EP are identical to Tuss material, anyway.

no shit?

I think guys you really missed some of the interviews, or you are just trolling or sth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphex_Twin#The_Tuss

No bs here, you have references there

Longtime lurker, first time poster here...

Got my copy of the 12" yesterday and noticed that the spot gloss on the cover is reversed - i.e. the gloss on the front side matches the lettering on the back and vice versa. It seems like a mistake rather than a deliberate design quirk. Is anyone else's the same?

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I missed it.

Yeah, i bought this one ;)

Got my mp3's. Bleep is awesome. I bought Syro as a cd and mp3 there last time... (Sadly dont own vinyls and stuff... I use digital. Mp3/cd, etc..)

I havent listened through this yet to have an opinion. More then it sounds good. ;)

Of what ive heard i think i prefer NEOTEKT72, most atm.

Need to digest this album first. ;) Im in no rush. Its late, and i can listen more tomorrow.

Nice.

Perhaps bits and peices reminds me of the tuss in some of this. I love the tuss. That record is a masterpeice!

But i already have it, so its all good.

Well, this is nice. Music "overload" right now. ;) Time to schleep.

It was sparse but funky, some nice pads, busy rim shot action, cool syncopations, had a nice turnaround. Did not sound much like anything else he's released, different vibe all in all. A bit drier maybe. Anyway, didn't really manage to process much on one listen, was freaking out that my computer wouldn't record it, plus the host was talking over most of it, commenting how people disliked him talking over the oberheim blacet track last month.

Archived