IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wooowww guys, I love that Umeal track.

What a nice surprise on a Monday morning at work!!!

Just wonder where it will fit in, hopefully it will be put out soon like the Marchromt track after Syro!!!

Guest bitroast

The talking all over it is high calibre piss taking. wondering how the track is gonna get released?? Sounds good enough for release and not download-only. Would definitely enjoy download-only with no talking tho at this point :<

The talking all over it is high calibre piss taking. wondering how the track is gonna get released?? Sounds good enough for release and not download-only. Would definitely enjoy download-only with no talking tho at this point :<

I agree, the quality of the track is really good. It deserves to get a vinyl release in my opinion.

Do you guys think Warp has anything to do with this or does rdj just decide on his own to throw them a new track like that?

orphaned deejay selek 2009-11 coming up.

yeah, was kinda thinking that as well. pushing out tracks without no direct intention for a proper release seems to be a sc thing. this is more some sort of promo for a next proper release, im thinking.

OK- first, after finally listening to the orphaned deejay selek all the way thru, I gotta say that even though some individual tunes didn't stand out to me, the overall flow of the album is very impressive. I love it.

second, that new tune is fucking smashing everything.

on Nightmail 1

@consulcast: yeah i put me foot down and strongly suggested to them they REALLY should offer flacs/wavs for peeps that buy vinyl AND CD but their idea to backgrade older orders, which is great, hats off to them for that and following through, cheers warp !

I wish he send it to Radio 1 or sth, im fed up with this miserable schmuck already

lol

Can't take a joke? They're ol' mates of Aphex, be grateful they are willing to share this with us. Would've been unthinkable years ago, now suddenly the Rephlex crew have their own monthly radioshow and Aphex is supplying them with new tracks... Also, if I had to choose between this or that horrible voice of BBC's MA Hobbs my vote goes to PSA.

Anyway, really glad it's been recorded, it's even better than how I remembered it :)

I wish he send it to Radio 1 or sth, im fed up with this miserable schmuck already

lol

Can't take a joke? They're ol' mates of Aphex, be grateful they are willing to share this with us. Would've been unthinkable years ago, now suddenly the Rephlex crew have their own monthly radioshow and Aphex is supplying them with new tracks... Also, if I had to choose between this or that horrible voice of BBC's MA Hobbs my vote goes to PSA.

Anyway, really glad it's been recorded, it's even better than how I remembered it :)

When they upload to mixcloud they cut out all the talking, so the dude could just listen to the clean version then. Dude go to PSA thread for instructions on how to do that. PSA are very nice peoples, and it's below wrong to be upset over them.

Cheers

I want Aphex to do a remix of umeal25 that incorporates the PSA voiceover. What a track! It's like an AFX "best of" sound wise, if that's part of some upcoming release I'm going to need some new non-stain pants.

ODS is great and arrived right on time from Bleep, no complaints. I got tempted by the devil and listened to Serge, Oberheim, Simple Slamming etc too much before the actual release so now I'm just waiting for the other tracks to sink into the same level of brain. Feels to me like ODS and CCAI2 could have come together and been a DrukQs style thing, but then I'd probably be moaning about a lack of Vordhosbn/54 Cymru/Ziggo stylings so hey ho. Can't wait to see what's next (and still can't believe that a next is almost expected at this point, we are lucky bastards one and all).

Archived