IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

Really sorry for pissing all over everybody's cereal, folks.

I'll force myself to enjoy all future tracks to avoid contradicting the herd (especially those that I receive as bonus tracks when I purchase the associated release) and if I don't rate them higher than "average" then I'll keep my opinion to myself to avoid being ostracised and/or sworn at.

PS Upon reflection, my half-arsed review contributed zero to the discussion and I now see that with crystal clarity. Noted.

PPS I'm sure we all agree the new (also free) modular tracks are fucking ace, ya?

stop pissing on my cerebral umil cereal :catsuicide:

jk, i don't think anyone here thinks everything that is out there by rdj is gold, i always skip papat4 on syro :cisfor:

everyone likes different stuff and that's awesome and opinions change with music over time especially with afx stuff, maybe it i'll click or never, who cares, enjoy the things you like and don't worry about what other people think about your opinion

*rips dean carbins head off if he talks shit about drukqs*

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In defence of the badly named Dean Carbin i didn't think the new track was that great on first listen. Then enter the male Jess Cortez's with the ''how can you complain about this track, he's giving it away for free!''

Poor form.

genuine lol.

ok. i take it back. please feel free to complain and express opinions, even if they're weird opinions like 'this track given away for free is underwhelming'.

I'm glad people started walking back the witch burning, just one thing remains from the little squall though. It's not a free track unless you bought from bleep/warp. So you can't use this as a metatrollical stick, ta. Not that it matters nwae, people like stuff or they don't, they must on balance like rdj music or they wouldn't be here. But then you guys like the whole moralising for perceived group norms more than me. I prefer pontrollictaing, to get people to reassess them.

/ goes back to few days off watmm

Nice surprise ;) Got email from bleep.

I have like 5-6 tracks i like the most from this one.

But i instantly liked this new bonus track. ;) umil 25-01, is one of the best ones from this release, in my opinion. ;) It got in my list of favorites from this EP.

Nice! I like this EP!

Wish i bought it as a cd as i did with Syro thou... Both cd and mp3's...

But i guess its not too late. ;)

I like the graphics, and a physical copy is always more fun... Plus some stickers!

Anyways. Nice track(s)!

The track is great, it doesn't sound like what I would imagine as recent Aphex Twin at all tho. I wonder when we will be able to hear that. Unfortunately im afraid not anytime soon since Syro is still very recent for an album.

sergre fenix is a beast.

are tracks 1 2 and 3 all connected? the drums at the end of track 2 and the beginning of track 3 are basically the same. the dmx acid test bass melody seems similar to if not the same as one of the ones in serge. would be nuts if oberheim where like the 3rd movement to serge

sup guys

sorry for bumping, but can anyone id the first track? its lush. thanks

Yes I have been wondering this too. Its funny i commented on that vid a long time ago asking what the first song was and then someone said "My Doom". I posted the link to SC asking rich what the first song was and someone also answered with MyDoom :dry:

sup guys

sorry for bumping, but can anyone id the first track? its lush. thanks

Yes I have been wondering this too. Its funny i commented on that vid a long time ago asking what the first song was and then someone said "My Doom". I posted the link to SC asking rich what the first song was and someone also answered with MyDoom :dry:

That's the Donk Track! :wink:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/72772-unreleased-live-tracks/

Sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone noticed the spot gloss on their sleeves mismatched? I happened to notice the spot gloss for "DEEJAY SELEK" appearing on the "ORPHANED 2007-08" side and vice-versa. Presumably not intentional, has this happened for all copies or just a random misprint?

Can kinda be seen in this pic:

i95fc1K4hKBpL.JPG

You silly billy, if you look carefully you'll notice the spot gloss spells something.

Guest bitroast

faaark. is it a preorder bonus? available in retail stores? anyone know?

i was gonna wait til friday for local store to get it in, in australia. but now im thinking bleep order because that poster is nice incentive.

Didn't expect the poster so I'm happy :)

looks nice next to the exai poster too.....

faaark!!! where did u get that. faaark so nice.

recently moved studio around a bit, moved lamp so lighting is all different and actually need to put some posters up i reckon to balance the room out a bit. so my eye is definitely being diverted to how good these are looking : >

faaark. is it a preorder bonus? available in retail stores? anyone know?

i was gonna wait til friday for local store to get it in, in australia. but now im thinking bleep order because that poster is nice incentive.

Didn't expect the poster so I'm happy :)

looks nice next to the exai poster too.....

faaark!!! where did u get that. faaark so nice.

recently moved studio around a bit, moved lamp so lighting is all different and actually need to put some posters up i reckon to balance the room out a bit. so my eye is definitely being diverted to how good these are looking : >

i got my afx poster from a preorder on bleep. the exai poster i bought on ebay for like 15-20 bucks right after exai came out.(i think it came with preoreders?)

...for the tomorrows harvest posters i drove 100 miles to lake dolores :P (i left at the last minute and only caught the last song@the listening party :facepalm: )

Archived