IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

faaark. is it a preorder bonus? available in retail stores? anyone know?

i was gonna wait til friday for local store to get it in, in australia. but now im thinking bleep order because that poster is nice incentive.

Didn't expect the poster so I'm happy :)

looks nice next to the exai poster too.....

faaark!!! where did u get that. faaark so nice.

recently moved studio around a bit, moved lamp so lighting is all different and actually need to put some posters up i reckon to balance the room out a bit. so my eye is definitely being diverted to how good these are looking : >

i got my afx poster from a preorder on bleep. the exai poster i bought on ebay for like 15-20 bucks right after exai came out.(i think it came with preoreders?)

...for the tomorrows harvest posters i drove 100 miles to lake dolores :P (i left at the last minute and only caught the last song@the listening party :facepalm: )

sweet. just insta-copped the exai poster off ebay for 15-20 bucks : > hopefully the condition is alright.

got the boards th poster from instore actually, nice little bonus. hopefully the poster made its way to retailers for the afx ep.

damn i preordered on bleep as soon as it was announced and didn't get a poster

guess they were randomly inserted in orders?

damn i preordered on bleep as soon as it was announced and didn't get a poster

guess they were randomly inserted in orders?

I was kinda dissapointed bonus EMT beats didn't have that fitting synth like on this live recording from a couple years back but it's still a banger.

[youtubehd]7FI4vPcecb0[/youtubehd]

2:00

edit: Perhaps another unreleased AFX track?

possibly best post in entire thread, spent almost 30 minutes looking for it. thanks Chalybs, i too prefer the original EMT bonus beats, weird that Alexi Perala track comes in for like 5 seconds and then goes away at the end

Sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone noticed the spot gloss on their sleeves mismatched? I happened to notice the spot gloss for "DEEJAY SELEK" appearing on the "ORPHANED 2007-08" side and vice-versa. Presumably not intentional, has this happened for all copies or just a random misprint?

Have noticed this too. I think it's intentional because the gloss doesn't cover the strip left of the center hole where it says "Orphaned Deejay Selek 06-08". If it were in fact an error and they mixed up the two sides while applying the gloss, that strip would have been covered as well.

I was kinda dissapointed bonus EMT beats didn't have that fitting synth like on this live recording from a couple years back but it's still a banger.

[youtubehd]7FI4vPcecb0[/youtubehd]

2:00

edit: Perhaps another unreleased AFX track?

possibly best post in entire thread, spent almost 30 minutes looking for it. thanks Chalybs, i too prefer the original EMT bonus beats, weird that Alexi Perala track comes in for like 5 seconds and then goes away at the end

You're welcome :) It's hard to tell if it's two tracks mixed together but the EMT beats on ODS sounds a little different from that live one.

"I don't think there's anything new here, I think they literally are recordings from 2006, 2008"

giphy.gif

lel

butt yeah too much hype for the album. his sc stuff is way better.

"The titles are as half-arsed as most of the ideas so who really cares?"

"Very very funky, nice rattling drums, decent groove... but he lets the bees come back and fuck it up. The melting bees."

"I wouldn't put something like this in the public domain"

"Orphaned Deejay Selek? It should have been left in the orphanage."

The melting bees are my favorite part! I think this is an incredibly solid release, i really adore it. The "midi pipe" track is a delightful surprise, would make a fantastic hip-hop instrumental. The melody on "oberheim blacet" absolutely kills me, every time.
Very excited for more, i hope this momentum continues.

Archived