IGNORED

Which Autechre EP should I buy first?

Guest chromakey_dreamcoat

Except Anvil Vapre and Garbage (which are included in Tri Repetae++), which EP should I buy first? I have Incunabula, Amber and Tri Repetae++ so far and I must say that Autechre is really awesome. I'm gonna buy all their LPs, of course, but I want suggestions about their EPs, please.

Thanks in advance.

arggh how i could i not mention their absoulte best ep GESCOM - KEYNELL

although not using their autechre name, but who cares. same people

Envane and Cichlisuite are my favourites, haven't heard all their ep's though... but yeah...

You might have noticed their music gets more extreme and weirder as the years went by... Chiastic Slide is a major turning point for them. Envane leads into that album nicely :)

I buy their LPs chronogically to follow their evolution, but I don't care the order I buy their EPs. Chiastic Slide, here I come! :D

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

EDIT: You guys behave more nicely than on the BOC forum, though. I can really see the difference. ;)

After 7 years, I've only just appreciated Chiastic Slide. Jeez that took longer than Confield. I Still think Cichli Suite is bumbum though.

Get Gantz Graf with the DVD.

You'd probably hate it but fuck it, get it anyway. If you can love Gantz Graf then you can love all of Autechres music.

Oh, and the video to Gantz Graf is the sex

Guest Audiophile

cichlisuite is one of the best eps. sounds like a mix between that harsh distorted chiastic sound and the analogpahtness of ep7. ep7 should be considered an album in itself. gantz is another great one, not just for the sweet ass vid but the 2 other tracks are amazing (if you like draft styled obsureness) stay away from anti ep untill you want to just complete the discog, cause she is nothing special.

Guest contrapunctus
stay away from anti ep untill you want to just complete the discog, cause she is nothing special.
disagree, the quasi-political song flutter pwns. redeems this release, one of their best tracks.

They released too many EPs so everybody mentions something different. :S

You really can't go wrong with Envane, Cichlisuite, and EP7. That's the order they came out in so I'd start with Envane. If you hear all of those and you're still feeling adventurous, go for Gantz Graf, but it's a very difficult listen.

If you hear all of those and you're still feeling adventurous, go for Gantz Graf, but it's a very difficult listen.

The music video is better than the music itself. (The track, not the EP.)

I fucking adore both the track and the video. But the video would be nothing without the music.

Well, something. But not much.

Archived