IGNORED

what does your username mean?

pcock

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

lol! Homelands came out before my era but it was definitely regarded as the cream of the crap. I totally forgot about that one.

I think the Masques block was dismal because the Urza block had been ridiculously overpowered. Tolarian Academy? Yawgmoth's Bargain? Fuck knows what they were thinking.

urza block is where magic topped out, for me. the tempest block before that was my favorite. masques was the first expansion where i lost interest in the gameplay and then a lot of new players were picking it up and the base editions were getting out of control (sixth changed things a little too much for my tastes). plus you can only ban so many staple cards from tournaments. haven't touched that game in over a decade though, no clue where it's at now.

I think Urza block was my favourite, but that's probably because I was still pretty new to it and it was all fresh to me. I arrived at the tale end of Tempest (I think Exodus had just come out). I liked 6th Edition rules. I hear they changed again in 10th Edition, but likewise I don't really have any idea what it's like these days.

re: magic the gathering

my main period of playing magic was in 6th and 7th grade, but I first bought a deck when I was like 7 or 8 and used to just like looking at the cards.

just recently I picked it back up, just for fun, as my sister's roommate is well into it. it's a lot more fun playing casually with friends and family than it is to try to have an incredible deck and care about winning.

It's a piss-take of German writer and artist Bertolt Brecht. Brechtakt is basically the literal German translation of breakbeat. And since I love breakbeats...

I just liked the piss-take idea. I haven't read anything from Bertolt Brecht though.

sorta like Amen Andrews

Yeah, a friend of mine named himself Winston Chillchurch since he played loads of calm, experimental stuff (incl. Anticon, post rock etc.). Together we used to dj as the Bertwins Collective. But that's been years ago.

• 2 years later...

Please tell us.

A true name is a name of a thing or being that expresses, or is somehow identical with, its true nature. The notion that language, or some specific sacred language, refers to things by their true names has been central to philosophical study as well as various traditions of magic, religious invocation and mysticism (mantras) since antiquity.[1][2]

- Wikipedia

Brisbot

Bris -> half of a name
bot -> A person once randomly added bot to the end of bris and I liked it enough to adopt it

My soundcloud name EvoAva

It's the abbreviation of a term in the theory of evolution.

Archived