Yeah, Crystal is solid but the rest... I can't even recall the tunes.

It did have better artwork than Music Complete. What is it with Peter Saville? All that whitespace. The cover is like some stupid Mondrian rip-off.

^ You mean Iggy Pop.

I think it is a great album with a few duds, like the lead single.

I could care less about who it is - I remember when that track came on I had to check my phone to see if I had accidently left shuffle on...

• 2 weeks later...

I swore blind I'd avoid this album, seeing as New Order were my 'first' band back when I was a kid and I didn't want my many rosy memories shat upon. Glad I did a U-turn and bought it in the end though. Ropey lyrics and cheesy pop are nowt new for NO and yeah, of course this sounds dated as hell in more than a few places. But it sounds like New Order which is all I wanted, being a geriatric old fart trapped in his past. If you wanted something new and groundbreaking you shouldn't even have bothered paying any attention in the first place.

I swore blind I'd avoid this album, seeing as New Order were my 'first' band back when I was a kid and I didn't want my many rosy memories shat upon. Glad I did a U-turn and bought it in the end though. Ropey lyrics and cheesy pop are nowt new for NO and yeah, of course this sounds dated as hell in more than a few places. But it sounds like New Order which is all I wanted, being a geriatric old fart trapped in his past. If you wanted something new and groundbreaking you shouldn't even have bothered paying any attention in the first place.

I'm an old fart too, but the New Order I remember was poignant and yes, sometimes cheesy, but this is just bad, IMO. They lost the magic ages ago after Republic and should have stopped there.