IGNORED

Royal Subsonic Consortium Mixcloud

Tatdylf

Well, we are all wondering about this mixcloud Royal Subsonic Consortium as it includes some supposed remixes of tracks from the upcoming Orphaned Deejay Selek album. It also has an anagram of that title on the main page so that's either a big wink or a nod.

Richard commented a month or so ago on his Soundcloud account that he wanted to consolidate all the old tracks he loves somewhere for people to listen to, and Mixcloud is certainly a place where that could happen. We know Richard is into all kinds of different electronic music and personally I suspect he has love for his club roots, because we all know what a great DJ he is besides being a legendary producer.

Having said all that I am really enjoying these mixes because they put some weird aphex right next to more conventional and traditional club stuff and it's really cool to hear it in that context. I think that would be great to hear in a night out in a club, some crazy shit out of left field before resuming the bass march.

Certainly some of the braindance mixes contain tracks RDJ has dropped in his own sets on several occasions. Also some absolute bangers I'm glad I have now heard.

doesn't one of them (or more?) have some of the steinvord myspace trax?

perhaps someone who knows their shit could tell us whether or not the steinvord track sounds like a shitty myspace rip or if it sounds legit?

anyway whoever it is, the mixes are ace !

Guest Tristan

There's quite a few clues pointing towards RDJ and some of the mixes i've heard do match his style. So either someone is (are) trying really hard to emulate him or it actually is him uploading dj-mixes. Think i read in a recent interview that he had plans regarding and was buying loads of tracks etc.

Either way the page is pumping like a mofo

Also the track in Pineal Deejay Selek 29-07-2015 around 16:30 reminds me a lot like Phontacid, anybody know what it is?

I've been digging these mixes. I had this sneaking feeling about these, but it does feel like he would maybe push the mixes a bit harder... maybe.

Mostly at night.... mostly.

Royal Subsonic Consortium is fucking awesome, all the mixes i heard so far had me dancing.

Mixcloud is dope, didnt know it existed, thank you internet.

1st track on Pineal Deejay Selek 29-07-2015 is wicked. First I've read about this so nice one.

anyone else hear CCAI sounds on this?

There's no way they're RDJ imo..... i mean if you were a half decent mixer, unlike me, and love RDJ's live-sets as much as me, anyone could do it.

Also, while i think they're lush... RDJ has a bit of extra magic I'm not feeling here........ could be the non-live environment though... atmosphere and human-crowd feedback is an essential part of it..... it infects the mix

If the mixes are rdj's, I wonder why he would add them to the RSC page instead of just creating his own Mixcloud page?

Because it is obviously not him. No remixes of upcoming EP tracks either, that's just decent mixing.

Aphex announced in the Syrobonkers interview that he had plans to do mixes streamed online, with visuals by Weirdcore, this seems underwhelmingly normal.

Also, one of the older mixes on there has a picture of an old inside joke on watmm (the so called photo of Karen Tregaskin), so it's probably just a watmm'er.

So yeah, no :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XT1039 met Tapatalk

So far i gots over 13 hours of idm/braindance/selek mixes off this channel.... with hardly any noticable repeated tracks.

And i ain't even started on the footwork techno stuff

top notch work!!!!

PS needs more autechre/squarpusher/boc in the mix!

Archived