IGNORED

King Midas Sound - Editions 1-4

usagi

KMS are doing a series of collaborative albums titled Editions 1-4.

Edition 1 is out Sep 18 and features Fennesz.

King-Midas-Sound-Fennesz-616x440.jpg

kms1-packshot.jpg

tracklist:

1. Mysteries
2. On My Mind
3. Waves
4. Loving or Leaving
5. Melt
6. Lighthouse
7. Above Water
8. We Walk Together
9. Our Love

Guest Deco Balcony

Not sure how I feel about the lack of dubbiness in that new track - although i'm not at all familiar Fennesz so maybe harder to appreciate.

On another note just discovered this solo album from their vocalist Roger Robinson released earlier on this year which I'm really liking! http://www.discogs.com/Roger-Robinson-Dis-Side-Ah-Town/release/7026451 reminds me of Linton Kwesi Johnson

• 1 month later...

This is the tits. More artists should step out of their element and do collabs like this - sure plenty of them don't pan out, but when they do they tend to be excellent as. Sometimes ppl can get lost trying to pushing limits/envelopes when just cross-pollinating with the right complement of sounds can yield plenty new/interesting results.

Anyway pitchfork will prolly give this a 6.5 and find something to bitch about

• 4 weeks later...

Really like this - very chilled & atmospheric. The influence of Fennesz with his crackly fuzz marries really well with KMS.

Also available as an 18-track download with an instrumental version of the album.

Archived