IGNORED

CHATMM 15 Submissions Wanted

hello spiral

How will this release be packaged? If it's not at least 4 discs in high quality vellum envelopes and/or hand sewn cloth pouches I'm going to have to retract my submission.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want to contribute to one of these chatmm comps but I don't have the confidence to do so.

Well, many times the only difference between an unoriginal, overdone piece of shit and a conceptual masterpiece is the artist's ability to confidently sell his work as such

good point...

I never thought of it like that.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Started something a couple of days ago and it took all of about 30 minutes before it had already veered massively off brief. I suck at trying to do themes. Gonna keep trying until I succeed! I WILL DO IT!!

Pretty sure you can write whatever you want, as long as you make it sound more complex than it is. That's the academic way.

lol ...but that's actually, and unfortunately, very true

!!! and everything's about science today! even things that shouldn't and couldn't be, like music and art in general. like it's the only possible way of thinking. everything's degraded to a method. just look at todays art universities and what they're producing. imo only intellectualistic nonsense! ...speaking in artistic values, of course. i mean, can't modern academic music also be part of what we call belle arti in its fullest sense? maybe it can but i can't find any. i thought i'm the only one. i even asked autechre in AAA thread about this and could they recommend to me some 'good enough' modern academic music cause i'm lost and they said no, they can't, cause they couldn't find nothing good them selfs neither. (is the double negative phrase valid here? english!)

that being said...i'm in! great theme ;)

I'm making a powerpoint presentation to go with mine

There will be an Appendix section should you need to attach any extra material that supports your piece. These are to be referenced in the statement accompanying your work (will add hyperlink anchors there for quick reference).

uhm I have the fast/regular version at nine minutes and the slow ver. is 15 minutes but I'd really like to use the slow version. I'm just submitting one track

I also made it with buzz slowed down (literally pitches down the track and everything) so it reflects how I heard it

Hellot.
The meat baton has been passe, ephemera 3.14159 etc etc. etc.
Fiendly Foil has retread as cured ham of the CHATmmmmm clompilations and Roast beef and are have taken overt.
The nexus phone will be Economic Electric Muzak.
We meander this in a village people 1960/70 greatest hits. Stuff audio experiences, geometric psychedelic aardvark, meat in witch house oats, smoking weedeveryday and trolling over vast farts with bink 182 vh1 logos spooling out trucker tapir.
A so, weed deprecate it if u also subliminalitted at leastt a purragraph wit your hard tack exploding wat the conception wassail and howt you wont a bot executing it. 'show you wanking out' so to spak

^ my paragraph

Was the 9/11 date chosen because of Stockhausen's quote?

In a press conference in Hamburg on 16 September 2001, Stockhausen was asked by a journalist whether the characters in Licht were for him "merely some figures out of a common cultural history" or rather "material appearances". The composer replied, "I pray daily to Michael, but not to Lucifer. I have renounced him. But he is very much present, like in New York recently" (Stockhausen 2002, 76). The same journalist then asked how the events of 11 September had affected him, and how he viewed reports of the attack in connection with the harmony of humanity represented in Hymnen. He answered:

Well, what happened there is, of course - now all of you must adjust your brains - the biggest work of art there has ever been. The fact that spirits achieve with one act something which we in music could never dream of, that people practise ten years madly, fanatically for a concert. And then die. [Hesitantly.] And that is the greatest work of art that exists for the whole Cosmos. Just imagine what happened there. There are people who are so concentrated on this single performance, and then five thousand people are driven to Resurrection. In one moment. I couldn't do that. Compared to that, we are nothing, as composers. [...] It is a crime, you know of course, because the people did not agree to it. They did not come to the "concert". That is obvious. And nobody had told them: "You could be killed in the process." (Stockhausen 2002, 7677)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlheinz_Stockhausen#September_11_attacks

thats a ridiculously good quote

Archived