• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

posting in a sound art thread

eek!

sick

also eek

^holy fuck

Fuck, this is heavy duty. But yeah, that's bullshit criteria for marking it down, surely the whole point of avant-garde sound stuff is to unsettle, etc, etc? Nice gear anyway, man :)

dude its awesome, if you freaked someone out to the point of them marking you down its mission accomplished i think

also i was messing around with virtual ANS for this comp and realized i was subconsciously influenced by your thing...FUCK !! hahah

dont worry i wont rip you off probs gonna do something else now

dude its awesome, if you freaked someone out to the point of them marking you down its mission accomplished i think

also i was messing around with virtual ANS for this comp and realized i was subconsciously influenced by your thing...FUCK !! hahah

dont worry i wont rip you off probs gonna do something else now

I ripped on venetian twin so go ahead.

Well shit, I was gonna record some various things with a cheap little theremin kit I put together, but fine tuning this thing is proving to be a real pain in the ass... Now in the process the poorly done soldering on the shitty speaker broke. Unless I can get my hands on a soldering iron before the 11th I may have to miss out on being a part of this :unsure:

nah, no worries, I got a backup idea... I'm gonna make an ambient piece incorporating some interesting shit i picked up over various frequencies a while back while hunting for number stations.

Finished my piece tonight, turned out to be much more of a noise piece than ambient, but I'm quite pleased with the results. Much better than the cheap theremin kit idea would have been anyway. I'd been meaning to do something with these field recordings for a while now...

I'm fucking stoked for this comp, this theme is awesome.

I'm struggling with one of my pretentious track explaining write-ups. It almost works as subtle satire, but maybe not quite. I'm debating whether to push it to its absurd extreme or not. At this point it almost sounds like something an artist making "academic" music might write, but slightly dumber. The write-up for my other track is just a straight forward explanation of what I did.

the concept has been in my head for a while but i haven't found the right software techniques that could actually do it properly until now
i'm gonna do a writeup with a few diagrams, lol

in short: What if our perception of sound revolved around hearing what's not there VS what is there?

Get your submissions in soon.

atm the comp is a double disc-er.

Will have to confer with roasty but I imagine once we have two playlists 120mins in length we'll have to close submissions ahead of deadline.

Unless we end up with enough to make it a triple disc-er...

Get your submissions in soon.

atm the comp is a double disc-er.

Will have to confer with roasty but I imagine once we have two playlists 120mins in length we'll have to close submissions ahead of deadline.

Unless we end up with enough to make it a triple disc-er...

if i turn this in on the 10th are you saying the comp might already be full? i honestly don't know if i can do that

I submitted one. I found the writing part the hardest. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be serious or not and ended up going serious with a pretty dull couple of paragraphs listing my techniques. Saying 'i chopped up the audio file in Cubase' without sounding like a tool isn't easy. In fact it's impossible.

Archived