IGNORED

7 Cutting

Schlitze

My initial thoughts was that it was a HAB outtake or something, but the mastering to me is far higher quality, it sounds new.

It sounds like he made a track in HAB style circa 2002 or something.

Imagine another HAB release? =/

This is the soundcloud track that convinces me RDJ is Steinvord (or contributed to some tracks)

Listen to Steinvord - Untitled (an unreleased myspace track)

Now listen to 7 Cutting

At the very least their sonic palette is VERY similar, eerily similar especially given that 7 Cutting was released way after that Steinvord track, and the overall style is just the same in my mind. I'm talking about the small (lol idk) beats mixed with the melancholy piano in the background. It's very tussy, specifically the early middle piano part of death fuck.

I don't know the words to describe it but you should hear what I mean. they are just too similar in style

Idk man maybe I'm wrong but I am convinced. Even if it's not RDJ I don't actually give a fuck, I bought Steinvord LP to support whoever it is they are the best. I just think those two tracks seal the deal for me

Guest bitroast

mm. sounds ~rdj album / hab era still. it's kind of really hard to tell. but the beats sound kind of drill-y and it reminds me of what luke vibert was doing as plug around the same time. sparse production.

either way. i dig it.

i guess it's a little easy to overlook simply because it doesn't fit in with much else in rdj's released output of tunes.

And this fucking steinvord again, oh my fucking christ...this track is nowhere near the programming precision that is in Cutting track, Richard admitted himself he was The Tuss all the time and he could have done the same thing with Steinvord but that was some kid from Spain and Richard agreed to release his music on Rephlex, that's all!

You have to finally realise that nowadays every fucking idiot can make rdj-sounding track and Richard said that himself in interview if im not mistaken...

Save it for the Steinvord thread please.

Anyway, I remember being told 7 Cutting was actually supposed to be the AFX track on the Mealtime compilation but they ended up with Bummy in the end (would be cool if this could be confirmed by Bambi perhaps). That makes this track from around 1996/1997 I guess :)

Guest bitroast

mmm. definitely need to steal bummy from that compilation when it comes time to put together a little personal RDJ album style playlist of all the fast drilly soundcloud tracks i think :>

Anyway, I remember being told 7 Cutting was actually supposed to be the AFX track on the Mealtime compilation but they ended up with Bummy in the end (would be cool if this could be confirmed by Bambi perhaps). That makes this track from around 1996/1997 I guess :)

Where were you told this? =/

Where were you told this? =/

In chatmm, quite soon after that track got uploaded I think.

mm. sounds ~rdj album / hab era still. it's kind of really hard to tell. but the beats sound kind of drill-y and it reminds me of what luke vibert was doing as plug around the same time. sparse production.

either way. i dig it.

i guess it's a little easy to overlook simply because it doesn't fit in with much else in rdj's released output of tunes.

I'd make it as a bridge between RDJ/HAB and Come to Daddy. Some of the effects manipulation is very much in that vein.

Guest bitroast

yeah totally. the bummy association doesn't nec' mean it's strictly from that era. oh well. i'm pretty happy knowing it's probably somewhere vaguely within the hab-come to daddy window.

This track and Notting Hill Bus are my two favorites out of all the Soundcloud ones. I think it's a HAB-era track, either that or Come to Daddy.

About Notting Hill Bus, though.... do you guys think it's an early version of Vordhosbn?

And this fucking steinvord again, oh my fucking christ...this track is nowhere near the programming precision that is in Cutting track, Richard admitted himself he was The Tuss all the time and he could have done the same thing with Steinvord but that was some kid from Spain and Richard agreed to release his music on Rephlex, that's all!

You have to finally realise that nowadays every fucking idiot can make rdj-sounding track and Richard said that himself in interview if im not mistaken...

he didn't admit he was the tuss the whole time, funshine. There was a point when there was speculation.

kind of like with the vordster

Guest bitroast

he didn't admit he was the tuss the whole time, funshine. There was a point when there was speculation.

kind of like with the vordster

didn't catch any of this sorry?

do you even dleet.

the gentleman stated that richard had admitted that he was the tuss the whole time that the tuss was a thing. This was not the case as far as i can recall. Then i use a word that i've been wanting to use for a long time anywhere but to myself, funshine, which is kind of like a new version of a souf london toughy saying sunshine, but riffing on it and saying funshine instead. The steinvord is also going through the speculation phase, albeit for faaaaaar longer.

Guest bitroast

. i try, delet, i truly to. but so much gets lost in translation.

(@cult i assure you, deletspeak is not australian...)

anyhow. if the syrobonkers interview ("I really like the akai vx600, used that on a lot of tuss stuff, beautiful little compact logpolysynth with a few unique triks up its sleeve, they used to come up well cheap for yonks, prob not now ..") + synthacon 9 demo isn't straight up verification that rdj admitting to being the tuss, than i dunno man. i think you need to brush up on your english ;) ;)

. i try, delet, i truly to. but so much gets lost in translation.

(@cult i assure you, deletspeak is not australian...)

anyhow. if the syrobonkers interview ("I really like the akai vx600, used that on a lot of tuss stuff, beautiful little compact logpolysynth with a few unique triks up its sleeve, they used to come up well cheap for yonks, prob not now ..") + synthacon 9 demo isn't straight up verification that rdj admitting to being the tuss, than i dunno man. i think you need to brush up on your english ;) ;)

i'm a kaliscopean

My initial thoughts was that it was a HAB outtake or something, but the mastering to me is far higher quality, it sounds new.

The status of the cutting tracks says HAB4!

Don't know if this was there already, but hadn't seen it.

"part of HAB4 but i got distracted with Windowlicker...i think..

+some others were a bit weird with vocals, couldnt decide if i liked them or not, will rechek@somepoint"

Guess there must be many other tracks like this one.

Would love another HAB release, that era nails it for me.

The status of the cutting tracks says HAB4!

Don't know if this was there already, but hadn't seen it.

"part of HAB4 but i got distracted with Windowlicker...i think..

+some others were a bit weird with vocals, couldnt decide if i liked them or not, will rechek@somepoint"

Guess there must be many other tracks like this one.

Would love another HAB release, that era nails it for me.

Interesting, didn't see this either!

Archived