IGNORED

Squarepusher's Biggest Ever Live Show with Full Live Band

cear

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear.

omg, you don't understand, no more triggering of samples using the bass in a doodlefest, he'll be free to orchestrate the band and then improvise to a purpose. It's going to be fucking fantastic.

throws money at screen. and i haven't been able to say that about sp for a long time.

This looks like a great night and 808 State in support is just double decker awesome. I stroke my chin and think a full moon situation will unfold lol.

I'm going with a musician mate of mine who's more into metal and punk, but he's into tunes of all genres if done well, I think he gonna be down with this. He was telling me the venue is pretty fucking cool I think he went to a Star Wars Secret Cinema thingy last year.

I really liked Shoba apart from the overdriven 909, hopefully they'll have a real drum kit on stage and not an electric set midi triggering a 909 :/ Maybe just maybe, then will people realize just how great Shobaleader One was.

I'm going ...................... fuckit YES!!!!!!

please tell me you're gonna record this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why yes... yes i will
Thanks mate :) !

Would love to be there, also am I the only one thinking the next pushed album could be a new Shibaleader project ? After two purely electronic albums maybe it's time for him to return to that kind of sounds - that would be amazing !

His "Japan Benefit" gig which i attended in London back in 2011, and recorded, was Shoba type stuff with Alex Thomas drumming. I didn't appreciate it at the time as much as now...[thank feck for LFO.RIP afterwards]

I'm hoping this is the one time his "live band" project actually blows me away... its been a bit flat

i dunno dick about this venue. my tickets just say "stalls, standing" i'm assuming that's pit standing in the front, right? can't find much detail about seating on their site...

His "Japan Benefit" gig which i attended in London back in 2011, and recorded, was Shoba type stuff with Alex Thomas drumming. I didn't appreciate it at the time as much as now...[thank feck for LFO.RIP afterwards]

I'm hoping this is the one time his "live band" project actually blows me away... its been a bit flat

yeah, I was never particularly impressed with couple of gigs I saw with him and the drummer, there was definitely something a bit flat about the whole thing. I'm excited to hear what a full band will bring to the table though, presumably he'll still be triggering his reaktor system to some degree with his bass, but being responsible for less parts might make it a bit more focused and allow the entire sound to be a bit more fully fleshed out. the new album was obviously deliberately written in such a way so as to be performed live just by himself, whereas the other live shows were all adaptations of older work, with a certain amount of it being audio tracks triggered, bits of live manipulation of audio, some live sequences triggered as well. I'm guessing this will have far less pre-sequenced stuff. Would be great to hear a proper full jazz orchestration of Hard Normal Daddy, but I'm guessing this will be a bit away from that, hopefully there'll be a track or two from there though all the same.

I'm going ...................... fuckit YES!!!!!!

please tell me you're gonna record this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why yes... yes i will

amazing, ty very much!

i dunno dick about this venue. my tickets just say "stalls, standing" i'm assuming that's pit standing in the front, right? can't find much detail about seating on their site...

There is a large dancefloor downstairs standing tickets [stand wherever you want] and then two tiers of seating upstairs booth, and seats.

Traditionally you can go downstairs if you have seats but you can't go upstairs if you only have standing so I figured to get a seat so I have somewhere to annoy my neighbours by drooling over myself between sets.

No shoba type stuff. Tons of Just a Souvenir type stuff though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived