IGNORED

Squarepusher's Biggest Ever Live Show with Full Live Band

cear

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check it...downloadable. Recorded with an iPod so sorry about that. The video ain't worth the upload

https://soundcloud.com/keyfumbler/shobaleader-one-play-squarepusher

Pros:

- A brilliant track-list well executed

- The drummer is faultless on every level

Cons:

- Bass was a bit muddy

- Not found of most of the guitar elements

- Keyboard sound was too hidden

I hope this gets extended into a longer set !

thanks for doing this phudo, i'm loath to post this, as it will stop the recording, heh. 18 mins in and i don't want to pause it i like how people stopped talking a got on with listening early in the set.. nwae, good man, cheers.

Guest bitroast

Pros:

- The drummer is faultless on every level

nice one. thanks for this.

any word on who the drummer is ? same as the previous tom+drummer sets ?

sound quality better on this recording than it was at the gig in some respects! drums not as clear, but the bass is easier to pick out on headphones.

nice one. thanks for this.

any word on who the drummer is ? same as the previous tom+drummer sets ?

don't know, they were all wearing masks. kind of like that guy with the white mask from eyes wide shut.

Yeh don't think it was Alex Thomas on drums - at the end his mask was sort of off at the back and he'd longish wavy dark hair i think

The guitar sounds bit better on further listens and the keyboards too on later tracks.

Imagine a two hour show with more MIORN, HND (Beep Street please! ), Selection 16, UV and dare-I say "Go Plastic" covers!?

Guest bitroast

a little bit of JAS wouldn't hurt tbh.

that album is jazz prog as fuck and would fit in perfectly.

albeit not 'classic' squarepusher. JAS marks the 'beginning of the end' for " tru fans " despite being an excellent album.

Yeh forgot about the JAS tracks - they'd work - plus how about some live versions of some "d'demonstrator" stuff.

Anyway I'm pretty sure they'll do some longer shows - this can't be a one-off (I know ..."Brighton"... but "two-off" sounds odd)

http://www.jazzwisemagazine.com/breaking-news/13882-squarepusher-and-shobaleader-one-blast-off-in-brighton

Tonight, however, there’s an actual band with Jenkinson on stage for the first time, and the secret’s out; three of the four figures trooping onstage, masked and robed like Kendo swordsmen, are Kit Downes, Joshua Blackmore and Chris Montague, otherwise known as punk-prog-jazz outfit Troyka.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived