IGNORED

Rolando Simmons - Volumes (Collectors Edition)

chronical

https://rolandosimmons.bandcamp.com/album/volumes-collectors-edition

One of the very best, I am absolutely in love with this album. Most of it was already on the web-released Volume releases but this, in flac with all the additional track is a serious contender for my AOTY. The only thing that bothers me is that there's no physical release, would love to have this on CD, or who knows, on a quadruple LP.

I mean just listen to this, jesus christ.

https://soundcloud.com/rolando-simmons/the-sun

Thank you, Mattias! <3

Bought it last night (along with his other two Eps) and stayed up late listening to it. Haven't heard the whole thing yet, matter of fact I'm not even half way through this yet because it's a massive collection otherworldly alien soundscapes, but yeah...

Pretty much a lock for AOTY to me. Doubt anything will dethrone it. Most excited I've been over a musician in a long time.

Rolando is burglar plus his brother, right? Or did I totally make that up?

Anyway, I agree...this is a stonking release, and one of my most played this year. If it wasn't for the fact that we already had most of it from vol I-III it would be my aoty for sure.

Anyway, I agree...this is a stonking release, and one of my most played this year. If it wasn't for the fact that we already had most of it from vol I-III it would be my aoty for sure.

his brother (monolog x) helped him with a bunch of the older stuff and there is some other collab stuff there but it's mainly matte now

say burglar, those extra tracks in volumes, do you consider them volume 4? or are they like bonus tracks from 1-3? when were they made?

Oh cool...I had no idea monolog x was his brother. I love the occult research release he did. Didn't he bring out an album fairly recently too?

Edit: Sing To Find Your Way Home

Have it on my bandcamp wish list. I add stuff to my wish list so regularly that stuff just gets buried. I really ought to go through it. Will have a listen to the monolog x release now.

his brother (monolog x) helped him with a bunch of the older stuff and there is some other collab stuff there but it's mainly matte now

say burglar, those extra tracks in volumes, do you consider them volume 4? or are they like bonus tracks from 1-3? when were they made?

Monolog X is not my brother, but we're good friends. My brother doesn't release music outside of RS.

I do consider the extra tracks to be vol 4, just hadn't put it somewhere online. The oldest of them are 2 years old tops.

Most recent are pikarsikan and nansbliieflelf, my favourites.

• 9 months later...

Late to the party but this is brilliant... :music:

Yeah, Volumes is on another level. It's a pretty daunting listen though at 38 tracks, but one that is definitely worthwhile. It's varied as hell (which I enjoy) and really serves to illustrate just how unfairly talented this guy is. There's a lot of awesome electronic music out there worth listening to today, some of which is made by people here, but if you're not enjoying Rolando Simmons you either need to wake up, stop being jealous, undergo neurosurgery on your primary auditory cortex, or just come to grips with being a wack human being on an innate and immutable level.

Personal Favorites:

Drymen

The Sun

Free Analogue

Langelo

Scarletcon

Obfuckbat

Aggon Magic

Danubius40

Starfield

Piakakk death 1

Cowgate