IGNORED

can we have longer default post editing period?

eugene

I would love to be able to delete some of my posts. Especially those ones I make about 9pm on a saturday night, which I try not to do anymore.

Dancing round the bubbling cauldron of oafish mischief :diablo:

I would love to be able to delete some of my posts. Especially those ones I make about 9pm on a saturday night, which I try not to do anymore.

is this possible somehow? i would like all my posts before 2015 to be gone... forever... not that that changes anything but most of the time i'm ashamed at myself...

is this possible somehow? i would like all my posts before 2015 to be gone... forever... not that that changes anything but most of the time i'm ashamed at myself...

Nope, sorry. If there's a post or thread that you REALLY want deleted (for example: your shameful post can be traced back to you by your work, or, you were drunk and you posted your own adress) you can report the post or thread in question and ask to have it removed and we'll do it for you.

yeah man I'm sorry for being out of order towards you, also ossilick (spelling), I was out of character with all that business. I like a bit of stupid drunken mischief but ranting and raving with a serious edge to it, is not me. Don't get a one way ticket to Columbia and overstay your holiday visa for 4 years.

peace

Guest Enter a new display name

DLC bundles now available! MASSIVE! :

Edit or quit it

Posts can be edited up to 30 minutes following their publication. Enough time for a wank for second thoughts!

£2.99

Bitch I'm Rich

All avatars become Richard's face, AFX sound effects, etc. Rich is everywhere! Feel like you're 16 again!

£3.03

Farr away

Rubin Farr's posts finally wiped away for the optimal WATMMexperience!

£4.99

All new accounts are paid anyway nowadays right? Just give everyone this ability tbh.

Yep... all new or renewing accounts are paid-only. Soon all accounts will be paid. Not fair to have some pay and others not.

by donating money to watmm you're technically supporting sony consoles and console gaming in general, which i deem as unethical.

I know you're joking, but to be clear, all funds go towards WATMM hosting and upkeep.

While we're on this topic, what is up with the edit box? It's disproportionately attractive on the eyes and hogs a lotta space. I think it sullies an otherwise beautiful visual gestalt. Who decided on this conspicuous color scheme anyway?

The editor size is adjustable... see that little triangle thingy in the lower right corner of the editor?

But, to respond to the OP: The point of having a 10-minute time limit for editing posts is to encourage people to THINK before they post - of course, nobody's perfect, so hence why there is a 10-minute limit.

This also discourages "hit and run" posts where people say things, and then edit them after the fact to remove evidence or bolster their arguments.

Of course, if you are akin to posting regrets the next day, any of the paid account levels offer you the ability to edit your posts for much longer than that.

I find it hilarious (and a bit disturbing) at the number of people who want to delete all their posts (something we discourage, since it leaves gaps in threads) - again, THINK before you post!

the best would be having the ability to edit someone/anyone else's posts. think about the yuks to be had with that. that's what i want. (also for all my posts wiped clean/deleted pls)

Archived