IGNORED

Dismaland

andyb

Also i dont understand, are people who like disney suppose to go there and say to themselves "oh yeah ... Disney IS shit", o really bansky, the same people who are okay with blood minerals that produces the macbook pros you (bansky) and all your stupid interns and your fucking fans who really dont give a shit about slaves mining for fucking metals, minerals and diamonds for your fucking sheltered suburban white kid life, but then they go to places like these take a couple of pictures go back to starbucks and tell your group of yago-looking friends that "disney is evil" while you write in your blog (using a MACBOOK PRO) how bansky is the man.

I dont blame bansky really, i mean i get what he is trying to say, but at this point i think he found his idiotic audience who just want to feel good about themselves without having to do any ACTUAL work/research/volunteering/activism

so depressing, if he really wants to make a point he should do something like this

A gigantic wave could be seen on the horizon gathering momentum and it was about to eat everything in it's path....

I really dig the grimey, post apocalyptic look. Reminds me a bit of Monkey Dust.

Looks like pretty much most of London :lol:

Remember when this pretty much happened anyway, unironically -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/uk_lapland_new_forest/html/1.stm

and

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mk-winter-wonderland-disappointing-event-2930079

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871370/New-winter-blunderland-tourist-attraction-closes-day-following-barrage-complaints-parents.html

WE ENGLAND AM GOOD AT FEEM PARCS

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

If the point is for people who see it to think to themselves "that's shit" then it's a resounding success really. I like the glitchy Ariel sculpture, not sure what's supposed to be dismal about her though

Edit: lol Pete, I'd forgotten about that place. They should open it up again ironically, it'd do a roaring trade

Guest bitroast

I really dig the grimey, post apocalyptic look. Reminds me a bit of Monkey Dust.

Looks like pretty much most of London :lol:

Remember when this pretty much happened anyway, unironically -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/uk_lapland_new_forest/html/1.stm

and

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mk-winter-wonderland-disappointing-event-2930079

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2871370/New-winter-blunderland-tourist-attraction-closes-day-following-barrage-complaints-parents.html

WE ENGLAND AM GOOD AT FEEM PARCS

lol. its like they based the entire dismaland theme park on seeing the pics on the internet and thinking 'hey thats pretty cool lol'

I really liked Exit Through the Gift Shop but that was kinda like the end of all things Banksy to me.

His stuff is no longer edgy and... and come on, art that is supposed to be a social commentary is fucking lame. Just make something that's fucking awesome and shut the fuck up.

Guest bitroast

I really liked Exit Through the Gift Shop but that was kinda like the end of all things Banksy to me.

His stuff is no longer edgy and... and come on, art that is supposed to be a social commentary is fucking lame. Just make something that's fucking awesome and shut the fuck up.

yeah, the film was a fun watch.

to be totally fair. i haven't been to any of the exhibits or seen the statues in person, only seen them online via buzzfeed, etc. and judged them. but man, they never really captured my attention ... i can imagine going to dismaland, walking around and wanting to go home bored.

I think it could be a great outdoors gallery space..? or am i missing something

That's basically what it is supposed to be. Supposedly there's work of 58 artists on display (eg. Damien Hirst, Jenny Holzer).

Yeah. Some people tend to respond butthurt. Apparently. Was wondering why as well. Must be friday.

edit: the ariel mermaid is pretty f-ing brilliant, btw

Let me just rephrase some of that...

It's more the people who analyse art to pieces I dislike. The Little Mermaid DOES look cool.

this basically completes the entire concept

(enjoys antagonising squee for a bit. won't start with analysing art though. people should do that for themselves. that's part of their experience)

P8wEMNW.jpg

Yeah. Some people tend to respond butthurt. Apparently. Was wondering why as well. Must be friday.

edit: the ariel mermaid is pretty f-ing brilliant, btw

18he6xuzvu370jpg.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the art, I love bansky stuff, but what it now represents is what bansky is "against" which makes me think at this point bansky is some sort of invention by a PR company to corner the armchair activist market.

Ehm.. sorry, it's fake.

It's 3d concept art for a furniture collection, but apparently the real deal is pretty close.

Unable to tell if this is real or Lincoln_Laviani_opener-530x519.jpg

damn, didnt know that was concept picture! good that they got it close

There was a real company that made custom wallpaper by laser mapping your furniture and bulging out the wallpaper pattern around your lightswitches/radiators etc

I can never find it with search. looked totally boss

Archived