IGNORED

Funny Pictures Part IV - Funny Harder

Joyrex

16 hours ago, ignatius said:

i don't remember. i think for things like IV valium no anesthesiologist is required. also, probably some level training/certification for different levels of anesthesia.  there's a lot of drugs out there that do different things. like Versed which is a benzo that helps people relax but is really like a memory/time erasure drug. it's amazing. you don't remember anything that happens to you when you're on it. so the trauma of some kind of procedure is essentially removed. that + local anesthesia is often all that's needed. 

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/versed.html

i've had it a handful of times and remained alert but have no memory of what i was doing. they used to use it in the ER when i'd get hit w/the paddles to reset my heart to a sinus rhythm. now they use propophol which turns your lights out and brings you right back once they're done. takes 5 minutes. no after effects really.  propohol requires a respiratory therapist and full 100% O2 rebreather mask because your whole system takes a nap and if they aren't monitoring your respirations you can die because you just stop. it's how michael jackson died. fucking maniac was getting propophol at home every night to sleep. insane. 

versed has some after effects but not bad really. they even let me drive home once after i had it. but i think i broke the rules there but i was fine. or so i told myself. but was only like 1 mile from the hospital. 

they experimented with using Versed after people went through trauma of any kind as a means to prevent PTSD because it effects the memory of what happened if given immediately after. 

i suspect they're giving kids Versed at the dentist office because it totally makes people loopy like that where they have full on conversations and don't remember a thing. a nurse friend told me she's had tons of conversations w/patients who've had versed and they have no idea or memory and sometimes will say just weird random shit. like that kid in the "david after dentist" video.. "is this real life?"

edit: also w/Versed the patient is still alert during the procedure so the doctor or whoever can say "ok turn your head  a little to the left" or whatever. when they need someone present enough to take direction during a procedure but they have no memory of it. 

Yeah, I was just thinking that not just that it sounds like a total overkill on medication it sounds way more complicated than what it needs to be so it must also cost a shit ton given the medical service prices in US.

In here a tooth extraction at a public municipal health care or at the university student health care, where I got all my wisdom teeth removed, is something like 40-60€ per tooth. But even if you go completely private to skip the queues or for whatever reason it's still only 100-300€ because you just need the dentist and the nurse and it's just 30-60 minutes operation and you maybe get some prescription painkillers and antibiotics for the next couple of weeks.