IGNORED

Heart Drive :: (dBridge + Kid Drama)

autopilot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUWAQWPSgao

https://soundcloud.com/heartdrive/heart-drive-presents-aut0mated/

Heart Drive is a collaborative effort between dBridge & Kid Drama. Kid Drama is half of the group Instra:Mental (the other half being Boddika). Together dBridge & Instra:Mental created this movement of techy, futuristic, minimal dnb with the "Autonomic Podcast" back in 2009-ish. After Instra:Mental split up and became Kid Drama & Boddika respectively (with Boddika getting into making modular synth techno), Kid Drama kept on with the future dnb vibes, and he & dBridge started the Heart Drive project in 2013.

Heart Drive is both a podcast that showcases their original productions, and the name they use for releasing those productions on dBridge's label, Exit Records. As the episodes of the podcast went on, they started to include more & more artists, but I'm suspicious that a large number of those artists are just dBridge & Kid Drama using pseudonyms.

As for the music, it's some of the freshest & most exciting electronic music I've heard in a while. It's dance music that'll slay on a soundsystem and get a whole dancefloor moving, but still maintains a tasteful, cerebral IDM aesthetic edge to it. The sound design is the kind of top notch stuff you can only get from dnb veterans, and the lush melodies are just beautiful. Episodes 1 & 4 of the podcast are definitely my favorites (posted above).

Check it out, yo!

I'm a novice fan of dbridge, some of his stuff is pretty cool. I keep meaning to start a thread about liquid drum 'n bass or his style but never get round to it, or think it's worth it. But yeah he's good.

I'll check this out

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived