IGNORED

We Are Your Friends

WeAreOceans

Curious to know your thoughts on the film. hopefully without it turning into an anti-EDM circlejerk. Anybody braved it yet?

I seem to remember seeing a poster with The Orb referenced on it but judging by the soundtrack album and trailer I'll guess this movie pretends the 80s and 90s dance scenes never happened.

Two other movies down the drain. It's not movies we need to cover the electronic music movement, it's documentaries. I keep trying to find good ones but they don't exist yet. Of course, there are many filmed interviews here and there, there is also I dream of wires which was great, but we need at least 10 other good ones like that to cover other grounds and not just the modular geeks out there. So much work needs to be done in that department. But movies like these two? Give me a break hehe... We won't learn much there.

Two other movies down the drain. It's not movies we need to cover the electronic music movement, it's documentaries. I keep trying to find good ones but they don't exist yet. Of course, there are many filmed interviews here and there, there is also I dream of wires which was great, but we need at least 10 other good ones like that to cover other grounds and not just the modular geeks out there. So much work needs to be done in that department. But movies like these two? Give me a break hehe... We won't learn much there.

Yeah, I'd love to see some documentaries on the history of rave culture and electronic music, it's a rich history and there's a lot I didn't get to experience in the 80s and 90s.

The Hollywood Handbook podcast talked about the trailer of this movie on a recent episode. I highly recommend listening to their breakdown of the trailer/teaser; it starts at 4:55 in the Julie Klausner episode released on August 18th. Really funny.

I won't be watching the movie though.

Yeah, I'd love to see some documentaries on the history of rave culture and electronic music, it's a rich history and there's a lot I didn't get to experience in the 80s and 90s.

I thought there was already a thread on this one, weird. Anyway, can't wait to see this. It's basically just an updated version of Vibrations. Remember this?

Human Traffic, Vibrations, Beat Street, Wild Style, Breakin', Krush Groove, Fear of a Black Hat too?, This Is Spinal Tap?, Kevin & Perry Go Large ( :dadjoke: )?, all entertaining and all very similar musical era timecapsules, nothing new here. My guess is that in about 15 years this movie will be an iconic ironic retro classic too.

This will probably be the most unwatchable one though, as I couldn't be further from the actual EDM world.

Also:

Archived