Sign in to follow this  
WeAreOceans

We Are Your Friends

Curious to know your thoughts on the film. hopefully without it turning into an anti-EDM circlejerk. Anybody braved it yet?

I seem to remember seeing a poster with The Orb referenced on it but judging by the soundtrack album and trailer I'll guess this movie pretends the 80s and 90s dance scenes never happened.

Lol.

DJ is drinking a nice refreshing glass of rose

*edit*
No not going to brave this film, and don't think I want to.

Human Traffic is the only clubbing film I need.

Edited by fletcher

Just another cash grabber film following an ephemeral trend.

the fact that he isn't spinning vinyl speaks for itself.

All that says is the movie was made after 2002.

I can't even watch the trailer.

I would say that the CDJs are outdated too, wheres the macbook?

All that says is the movie was made after 2002.

Yeah if they wanted to be super accurate he'd be using Serato and just staring at the screen instead of the crowd the whole time.

This Daft Punk movie looks equally as bad

>>implying they had a pressing of Da Funk for their first show

>>>>>>>>>>

"Without you, I'm sad."

man that's some next level pathos

Curious to know your thoughts on the film

it's written and directed by the writer, producer and camera operator of catfish :cat:

Human Traffic is the only clubbing film I need.

Dear god no

Two other movies down the drain. It's not movies we need to cover the electronic music movement, it's documentaries. I keep trying to find good ones but they don't exist yet. Of course, there are many filmed interviews here and there, there is also I dream of wires which was great, but we need at least 10 other good ones like that to cover other grounds and not just the modular geeks out there. So much work needs to be done in that department. But movies like these two? Give me a break hehe... We won't learn much there.

Two other movies down the drain. It's not movies we need to cover the electronic music movement, it's documentaries. I keep trying to find good ones but they don't exist yet. Of course, there are many filmed interviews here and there, there is also I dream of wires which was great, but we need at least 10 other good ones like that to cover other grounds and not just the modular geeks out there. So much work needs to be done in that department. But movies like these two? Give me a break hehe... We won't learn much there.

Yeah, I'd love to see some documentaries on the history of rave culture and electronic music, it's a rich history and there's a lot I didn't get to experience in the 80s and 90s.

Guest kymppinetti

looks great! :w00t:

The Hollywood Handbook podcast talked about the trailer of this movie on a recent episode. I highly recommend listening to their breakdown of the trailer/teaser; it starts at 4:55 in the Julie Klausner episode released on August 18th. Really funny.

I won't be watching the movie though.

Edited by malaria

Gabbers was the be all and end all of EDM docos, what more could you want.

Speaking of IDM docus

[youtubehd]rRKuJ-r-F-A[/youtubehd]

sound is fucked on this one

[youtubehd]x4zN0v7C1mU[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]8aIbiZDAPx8[/youtubehd]

Yeah, I'd love to see some documentaries on the history of rave culture and electronic music, it's a rich history and there's a lot I didn't get to experience in the 80s and 90s.

I thought there was already a thread on this one, weird. Anyway, can't wait to see this. It's basically just an updated version of Vibrations. Remember this?

Human Traffic, Vibrations, Beat Street, Wild Style, Breakin', Krush Groove, Fear of a Black Hat too?, This Is Spinal Tap?, Kevin & Perry Go Large ( :dadjoke: )?, all entertaining and all very similar musical era timecapsules, nothing new here. My guess is that in about 15 years this movie will be an iconic ironic retro classic too.

This will probably be the most unwatchable one though, as I couldn't be further from the actual EDM world.

Also:

nice, got some bank holiday viewing lined up, cheers for the links all