IGNORED

AFX - umil 25-01 (ODS bonus track)

NewSchoolScience

Neat. Bought mine in a physical store on release day, so you don't have to have ordered it on bleep. I just entered my download code and found it along with my regular album download. Had no idea what this track was, now I do. Sounds good, too!

holy moly what fucking sweet track ! wish the whole ep would sound like that .

This is how I imagine "newer" compositions from him, maybe made in the last 2 -4 years.

dont you guys think its sounds fresh ?

Neat. Bought mine in a physical store on release day, so you don't have to have ordered it on bleep. I just entered my download code and found it along with my regular album download. Had no idea what this track was, now I do. Sounds good, too!

oh good, so i'll get a download code with my CD, when the thing finally fucking arrives at the store, omgorrd.

So that means the thing was organised beforehand then ay. And not just added on after the fact. Actually, did you really get a download code with the cd, /starts to doubt.

Definition of lush has been reinvented. Really one of my fave new Aphex tracks already, has that mellow dark but nice Analord 8 feel but with more breaky Tussiness funk going on. Or something. Would've loved to have this on vinyl but I can't complain, just top :music:

oh good, so i'll get a download code with my CD, when the thing finally fucking arrives at the store, omgorrd.

So that means the thing was organised beforehand then ay. And not just added on after the fact. Actually, did you really get a download code with the cd, /starts to doubt.

Download code was only included inside the vinyl sleeve, not in the CD I'm afraid... Maybe it does for you though, also got a poster when many didn't apparently.

Definition of lush has been reinvented. Really one of my fave new Aphex tracks already, has that mellow dark but nice Analord 8 feel but with more breaky Tussiness funk going on. Or something. Would've loved to have this on vinyl but I can't complain, just top :music:

Download code was only included inside the vinyl sleeve, not in the CD I'm afraid... Maybe it does for you though, also got a poster when many didn't apparently.

bloody vinyl people. They ruin everything with their exclusive little penis arsed club, damn them all to hell.

/heh

Here's the description from the bleep page:

Not content with releasing one of the most heavyweight floor filler 12"s of the year with orphaned deejay selek, AFX is about to continue his mission to blow minds and amps the world over with the sleek, clipped, breakbeat ambient-tech roller 'umil 25-01' perfectly joining the dots between the more home listening (minus the two junglist rinsers at the end!) Syro and the acoustic maps explored within the CCEP2 with the club-rooted AFX work of his last two 12"s, umil 25-01 is possibly one of the finest tracks in the cannon of 2014/15 AFX/Aphex tracks yet. Built around a slowly absorbing, all-dark echoing bass note that grows in intensity like dropping icicles into a cavenous pool of freezing ambient synths coming across like a late night dub of the Analord, the track soon morphs into a shuffling drum break that sounds unlike any sampled before while the head-nodding, eyes-down vibe continues subtly evolving over its four and a half minute plus time frame. Think oberheim blacet1b but with its gaze facing the XMAS EVET1 tracks for a taste of what's in store. In a year that has seen over 30 new tracks released for sale and countless more made available on Soundcloud, and having been crafting his trade since 85 it's a true testament to the skill and talent AFX holds as a producer that this track could easily be seen as one of his finest moments to date.

I think this is one of the best of his new releases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived