they're proper cosmic, if yer affiliated to a uni/college there are ways round the official tour bollix ;)

being Neolithic, its intriguing how they fit into Irish mythology as they'd be post-Fomorian (sorry to wiki oop the gaff), so which invasion group is affiliated is still unclear (Nemed, Fir Bolg or Tuatha?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomorians#Irish_mythology

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

if you'd like a dive into the utter strangeness of pagan Britain, from all manner of perspectives, sources & places, would recommend this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1366&bih=635&ei=4lO-W62oLoHAlAbVn6PYAg&q=sacred+britannia+miranda+aldhouse+green&oq=sacred+britannia+miranda+aldhouse+green&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.87256.103107.0.103555.39.39.0.0.0.0.224.2666.38j0j1.39.0..2..0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.35.2421...0j0i131k1j0i67k1j0i131i67k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i21k1.0.BuqI8F0aVvo

avoids all the yogurt weaving of crusty bollix Glastonbury & punches with TS Eliot, Rowan Williams neck-bearding & bawdy humour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, but you love Spurs.

Agreed, the new weird Britain tag only adds to the bs, so if the BBC is inter avinit then that pretty much says it all. There's good music in & around, about 4% like most genres, but the rest is just the relationship between individuals, social norms & resultant cultural processes innit.

At least have a watch of Arcadia or you come across as a bit of a div. If Derek Jarman had done it, it would've been breathlessly lapped up by the cocknoscenti. It's got a sweet spectrum of audio in the soundtrack too.

well now you're just being cunty belligerent oh arbiter of all that is cool n the gang, add the same ingredients in a dodgy metal &/or kitsch cinematic context & irony cherubs like yourself lap it up

this thread has been open for a few years, so you've had plenty of time to gestate an opinion & drop a deuce on it, at least offer a critique beyond some brief ejaculated man-child grunt, or not, it doesn't change very much either way

seems people had fun discussing different definitions & interpretations here, a raft of tunes, the relationships between sites, myths, folklore & archaeology, one or two exhibitions etc, but also note zero "∆‡∆" symbols of the kind whateverthefuck this was:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/60284-

if Arcadia & owt else herein offend your sensibilities so much much, just log in to the chatroom or wiki Spurs continued league failings against the Big Four for a change, there's a good lad

giphy.gif

Will Abberley takes a journey into the strange and unsettling world of the English Eerie and discovers a growing movement of artists, writers and musicians exploring impressions of the ‘Eerie’ in the landscape. The idea of uncanny forces which resonate in a place, the buried traumas and sufferings which lie just under the surface of a landscape has always inspired artists. But in recent years there’s been a resurgence of interest in the Eerie in art as well as ecology and archaeology. It’s in the songs of PJ Harvey, the compositions of Richard Skelton, the nature writing of Helen Macdonald and Robert MacFarlane and the films of Tacita Dean and Ben Wheatley. Will speaks to some of these artists to understand why and how the tradition of the Eerie is being revived in response to contemporary fears and crises. He travels to the Wirral to meet film maker Adam Scovell who argues there’s a positive force in engaging with the Eerie in an era when the British landscape is at the centre of environmental and political conflicts. Ecologist Timothy Morton suggests the Eerie builds renewed interest and respect for a landscape. In the remote Pennines Will meets composer and writer Richard Skelton whose most recent works are a summoning call to those species now extinct in our landscape. Artist Tacita Dean also describes her ongoing pull towards the most ancient parts of England where a feeling of fear sharpens her ability to engage with the environment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0002zmr

• 1 month later...