IGNORED

Help Venetian Snares

Guest cult fiction

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INFOLEPSY EP IS FUCKING GREAT.

I'm moving into an apartment with a Sinaporean girl today. She's going to fucking hate me.

she'll pay you back with some singaporean noodle made homestyle. your mouth will not understand what is happening until it's too too late.

I've always stayed out of Snares bashing, but this thread seems like a good time to come to his defense a bit. I've told this story before, but here it goes again:

Years ago, back in 2006 or so, I was on a forum of a Snares fansite called vsnares.net (run by Sepix, he can confirm this story should he see this), a forum Snares visited from time to time.

At one point, somebody made a thread about either his car got broken into, or got stolen completely. He said he lost a lot of albums that were in his car at that time. He lost all the Snares albums that he owned. He posted a list of them, a good chunk of his discography up til 2005/06

Snares saw the post and sends all the listed Snares albums to the fan, for free. He even threw a few goodies, like compilations and a shirt, in there. All the guy had to pay for was shipping. Which sounds like a damn good deal to me.

Just so you know... this guy isn't a total jerk. Which is something some people try to make him look like.

You can never say he never did anything for his fans.

In a perhaps more realistic analog, on Monday Funk goes to his boss (his fans) and complains about how he thinks his boss is often shitty and he hates the hours he has to work and how he hates even having to work at all and how he'd leave in a heartbeat if he could, then on Tuesday goes to his boss and asks for a raise.

Have you been reading my appraisal file?

gah, I tried to be negative about this (especially since I've hated on him in the past, and argued with him on a previous watmm) but you know what, I'd probably do something similar if I were in the same situation. Grabbed a couple of releases.

I've always stayed out of Snares bashing, but this thread seems like a good time to come to his defense a bit. I've told this story before, but here it goes again:

Years ago, back in 2006 or so, I was on a forum of a Snares fansite called vsnares.net (run by Sepix, he can confirm this story should he see this), a forum Snares visited from time to time.

At one point, somebody made a thread about either his car got broken into, or got stolen completely. He said he lost a lot of albums that were in his car at that time. He lost all the Snares albums that he owned. He posted a list of them, a good chunk of his discography up til 2005/06

Snares saw the post and sends all the listed Snares albums to the fan, for free. He even threw a few goodies, like compilations and a shirt, in there. All the guy had to pay for was shipping. Which sounds like a damn good deal to me.

Just so you know... this guy isn't a total jerk. Which is something some people try to make him look like.

You can never say he never did anything for his fans.

nice story tri, i guess people are jumping on the unfortunate timing of that interview, which is just an interview, taking it out of context... of course anyone would of raged a bit at fact when they just said stupid naive things about his new track then his music in general (& music overall on a weekly basis 24/7), the whole judgemental singles club thing, just as a concept is lazy & ugly,

would be nice though if he lightened up about watmm a bit as pretty sure watmm just helped out in a big way.... being a visual artist purely self employed for a long time now i know what its like living on a super un-steady income & getting fucked by tax just when you get past that tax threshold,

pretty sure snares income is more steady then mine but that doesn't matter, tax just needs to become more flexible rather then moving a 2m sized bit of concrete,

if indeed that is the problem & lol yeah some people should stop using watmm & switch to ' “responsible household budgeting” forums ' i for one look forward as many here do to what aaron releases & hope hes alright

Re: Timing of the interview.

It may have been taken months ago, its only just last week that Fact published it.

Edit:- He should call his next EP "I hate you"

Facebook update:-

Thanks so much everyone for supporting. I feel actually incredibly touched that you care about my well being. You're getting me on my way there and when I come out the other side of this situation, I really want to give back in a big way! Thank you! I am touched beyond words!

I have weird feelings about this. I buy the guys music already...he's a fantastic musician. Snares anecdote no. 5297267098609862 saw him in Cambridge circa 2004...told him I thought his music was great and that I hope more people get to hear it...he replied 'why?'...good luck to him...I wish pain on no man...

bought some music.

I hope some of you come across money hardship, so then we can all point and shout "LOOK THAT GUY HAS AN IPHONE! SELL YOUR FUCKING IPHONE YOU SCAB!"

Actually that's what normal people do when faced with financial hardship.

bought some music.

I hope some of you come across money hardship, so then we can all point and shout "LOOK THAT GUY HAS AN IPHONE! SELL YOUR FUCKING IPHONE YOU SCAB!"

Actually that's what normal people do when faced with financial hardship.

you mean normal people who've never created amazing, life changing pieces of art that defined huge chunks of people's lives?

we don't really need more normal people... (imho)

i've waded into these waters before and just can't seem to get with the frenetic arrangements, but i love the sounds. does he have any groovy/funky non-ADHD stuff I can try?

Last Step sideproject. acid beats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_sZO1H4Gg

also probably the Cubist Reggae EP. and the Sabbath Dubs EP. that's the only non-spastic stuff I can think of that he's released under his main alias. maybe the Nymphomatriarch album too but it wasn't great. Cubist Reggae is the best of that lot imo.

one person is not more worthy of aid than another because they make great music

they do if you personally want more music from said person in the future.

many v.snares fans agree that his earlier stuff was much better, so maybe getting him back into this "struggling artist/doing music via available means" state will actually be more beneficial to his artistic output and thus this donation campaign is counter productive. i mean you have an opportunity to not help him financially and possibly bring him back to that superior artistic state. have you thought about that dingus?

I don't see any inconsistency with him not wanting to do the press game but being happy to deal with fans directly anyways.

Listening with headphones so far, haven't broken it to the Singapore girl that I just listen to breakcore and noise.

Archived