Donnacha Costello - Stay Perfectly Still

a0642899265_16.jpg

https://donnachacostello.bandcamp.com/album/stay-perfectly-still

"A new album of emotive ambient/repetitive/synth/drone music bein made with the Buchla Music Easel and some effects pedals. No overdubs, no looping, just honest recordings of live performances.

Releases 18 September 2015"

The 2 previewed tracks are beautiful, "Moment after moment" especially. LP pre-ordered.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. Too bad its digital release is postponed by a week. I can't wait to hear the whole record.

So I keep on listening to Love From Dust instead (fantastic album as well).

It's out today, and it's excellent listening. I wish I hadn't played the first couple tracks to death over the past few weeks but the rest of the album is even better anyways. Sometimes the preview tracks are the best from an album, this is a rare occurrence when they actually are not. Loving his work this afternoon.

Some of the finest (ambient) music I've heard in years. I especially enjoy the fact it's melody/synth driven yet minimalistic and to the point, without any useless arpeggios or anything like that.

Enso is the perfect finale, echoing the breath-taking Moment after moment.

Fantastic album, really.

yeah, really good. just given it the one listen so far though when I was working, so wasn't paying full attention, will stick it on when I go to bed probably.

• 4 years later...