IGNORED

reworked - smooth_beats, guitar_breath, analogue_space

Guest nbven

Hello, Music Makers.

I am happy to present this track to you.

I'd really appreciate some feed back

https://soundcloud.com/d5vata/t-s

Really nice sounds and progression. The bass feels a bit repetitive and overbearing after a while, maybe a bit of variation in the notes to break it up a bit, or some more breaks? Other than that though, solid!

Hello, Music Makers.

I am happy to present this track to you.

I'd really appreciate some feed back

https://soundcloud.com/d5vata/t-s

Really nice sounds and progression. The bass feels a bit repetitive and overbearing after a while, maybe a bit of variation in the notes to break it up a bit, or some more breaks? Other than that though, solid!

Thanks, really appreciate the opinion :)

Yeah, this tune was mine first recording of brand new Arturia Microbrute, so did not think much of a structure, unfortunately

after the 3 minute mark some interesting rythmic patterns start to happen! the synth is a bit flat soundwise so is the guitar, but the drumpatterns are a quite nice listening experience! if you use samples of the 808 you could try to mess with the samples to like create your take on the 808 sounds, it's quite fun to like strech pitch and put effects on samples (especially flanger and chorus can do some nice things) also changing the start and end point of a particular sample sound can change the sound completely, especially snare and claps, you can like remove the impact sound a let it only be the decaying part of the sample that is used.
-but overall nice work! keep it up (:

Hmm I like it. Decent progression. I was well into it until the section at 1:24. I kinda feel like after 1:24, it's one long section until the end. It's kind of confusing since it felt like the song was progressing along until then. It feels like a long drive where things come in and out. There's also no real transition. A section like this would have done better if there had been more of a journey in the track before then. It's not a bad section, if it were me I'd try to find a better transition for 1:20, add a new section after 1:20, shorten 1:20-end and place it after the new section.

For the new section, I would suggest you put that long bass to the side and try to come up with some interesting patterns without it so you can avoid the drawn-out-ness of the last section.

In terms of mixing, it ranges from okay to good. The first section sounds better since you can make out different things, and they're doing more things, but then the section from 1:24- end is kind of off. The bass seems to hover over everything, and the sounds you're introducing are very quiet.

hope I made sense.

Thanks for the great opinion, Brisbot!

I totally see what you mean. I will not change the track, but in future will analyse more thoroughly, it is mostly my laziness and kind of a "barrier", when I have this fixed thought in my head that I FEEL track is done, but it is actually not. And sometimes it is very hard to completely recompose structure of the song for me. So in future I will work on the stuff.

Thanks for constructive opinion :)

Psychotronic, I see what you mean, man. Sometimes I hear the songs I like everything except there is one thing that sounds off or bad to me, so I can't listen further.

this sounds like cross? that chino moreno band? i kind of dig the overall harmonic/melodic experience, and i dig that it sound like trap music, but i guess the beats still a bit too weak, and the bass is also too dry sounding and monotonous... from 2 minutes or so seems like the track just got repeated over and over with bits of change here and there, essentially that's not a bad thing but there's something on the beat that enunciates its repetitiveness....

I think the mix is a bit odd with some things sticking out like and other things being buried, but I do like the music itself and most of the sounds. Like some of the others said, a bit of work on the arrangement to make it less cluttered and introduce some variation would be a good idea.

Archived